Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it is Ward or Iversen I don't think we will be any worse than we were last season in terms of goalkeeper.

The problem will be that any small mistake will be highlighted and over exaggerated by fans and journalists simply because if the way they have moved into the no.1 shirt.

Quite possibly. I don't really give a shit though. We are a PL football team without a goalkeeper.
That is complete bollocks.

Anyone who thinks Kasper is still a great keeper is willfully blind to his performances for quite some time. His inability or refusal to command his box was costing us goals on a regular basis. In BR’s first game in charge at Watford he passed the ball to a Watford player and it cost us a goal. He was still passing the ball to the opposition and/or putting his defenders under pressure with his distribution at the end of last season.

And being accepting of what my eyes were showing me does not make me ungrateful tthe service he has given the club. It doesn’t take away his achievements with us.

I can only imagine the stick that Ward would have gotten last season if he had performed the way that Schmeichel did. And I feel sorry for the inevitable abuse and criticism he’s gonna get this season, just because he is not Kasper. As with a lot of players at the club, with some fans he is on a hiding-to-nothing.

He's also REPORTEDLY on over £100k a week and is REPORTEDLY being bombed out of Chelsea because of his poor attitude which ACCORDING TO SOME REPORTS includes returning to training overweight APPARENTLY.

Whoever signs him have absolutely no idea ABOUT ANY OF THIS AND MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW what they're doing THEY MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT competent running their recruitment WHO SIGNED A PLAYER LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO THAT HAS NEARLY TRIPLED IN VALUE.

Oh.
Fixed.

I don't know and I don't care

It changes nothing in my post. My annoyance is at the lack of replacement for a key player.
"We either replace him or letting Kasper leave was a monumental **** up."

If the player wishes to leave then there is little point keeping him, I am annoyed the same as you are he really was a class keeper. I would be careful writing posts that Ward is not ambitious and he is a poor keeper it could bite you in the arse.

If we would want to bring in a keeper of that ilk then we should have pipped Newcastle but we did not, also it is clear we do not have the funds to bring in that calibre of keeper. What we do not know is how much notice Kasper has given the club, again I do not think we simply let him go, our hand was forced by another club and perhaps we have done the honorable thing by allowing him to go rather than seeing out his contract?

I am more concerned about Fofana and Maddison than losing Kasper, we may see an improvement defensively which I thin BR was alluding to in his interviews, time will tell I guess.

Personally I think it was a sound business and footballing decision to let Kasper move on. He's one of the best shot stoppers around but his distribution has been poor for a few years and his command of his area is suspect at times. Personally I do rate Danny Ward, obviously he's not at Kasper's level and his diminutive figure is not good. Maybe there is a feeling within the club that Daniel Iversen is ultimately going to fill his boots. Preston fans absolutely loved him but looking at him over pre season I don't think he's ready to be a premier league #1 yet. Has Kasper's shot stopping skills and imposing figure but had a few cases of bad judgement that even led to a goal against Notts County.

I do think we need another goalkeeper for now, with Iversen maybe going out on loan again for a year. Let's be honest it will be a loan or free agent but Kasper's move has at least freed up a substantial number in wages.

****ing hell, expected a few weeks but not a few months!

Probably need to add a RB to our wanted list now as I don't think we'll ever be able to rely on, or have pre injury, Ricky P back unfortunately.

Massive shame as he was sublime before his injury.

Before his first injury, yes. Been struggling ever since

Was always a very high risk that this would happen, if not an inevitability

Which is why the suggestion that we ought to sell Castagne a couple of weeks ago was so ****ing ludicrous

As if we’re going to replace one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier league with either a goalkeeper that has barely played in 4 years, or one who’s main experience is one season at Championship level.

The fact some people are not concerned absolutely baffles me.

As if we’re going to replace one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier league with either a goalkeeper that has barely played in 4 years, or one who’s main experience is one season at Championship level.

But we don't have to replace one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier league (based on recent performances over a fair span of time). We have to replace Kasper Schmeichel.

It's OK, he's played average for Wales over the last few years, and only shipped 4 against Forest last year.

No cause for concern.

Don't you agree that Schmeichel is past his best and therefore not still one of the best keepers in PL history?

In my view, we're right to see goalkeeper as a position to improve.

I agree that Ward isn't an upgrade on a declining Schmeichel. I don't think we can be sure that Iversen isn't until we see him in action.

We've then still got time to sign a new keeper if he looks wobbly.

We have the same issue that any club would have when trying to replace a fantastic player. We just need to suck it up and get on with it. Who knows, one of Ward or Iverson may pleasantly surprise us all.

But we don't have to replace one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier league (based on recent performances over a fair span of time). We have to replace Kasper Schmeichel.
Even last season, he was comfortably in the top half of PL goalkeepers and I would say a lot higher than that.

Serious delusions if anyone thinks we would have done any better last season with Ward playing all season instead.

Don't you agree that Schmeichel is past his best and therefore not still one of the best keepers in PL history?

In my view, we're right to see goalkeeper as a position to improve.

I agree that Ward isn't an upgrade on a declining Schmeichel. I don't think we can be sure that Iversen isn't until we see him in action.

We've then still got time to sign a new keeper if he looks wobbly.
Stop being sensible BN! Lets just panic and spend a big wedge on the goalkeeping equivalent of Islam Slimani!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669