Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even last season, he was comfortably in the top half of PL goalkeepers and I would say a lot higher than that.

Serious delusions if anyone thinks we would have done any better last season with Ward playing all season instead.
True, but if we lose £6 million of the wage bill and are hardly any worse off is that not a good move?

True, but if we lose £6 million of the wage bill and are hardly any worse off is that not a good move?
It would have been a good move if it was done early in the summer and we had a known, competent replacement lined up.

The fact is, we are massively worse off right now in terms of goalkeeping ability and also leadership on and off the pitch.

It could turn out OK but I believe we are taking a huge gamble if we expect Ward (3 x PL career appearances to date) or Iversen (0 x PL appearances to date).

Personally I'd give Iversen the nod but as he is young and less experienced, it is to be expected he will make mistakes like he did in the Notts County friendly.

If we finish just 3 or 4 places lower as a result of having no keeper then that saving won't count for much.

Before his first injury, yes. Been struggling ever since

Was always a very high risk that this would happen, if not an inevitability

Which is why the suggestion that we ought to sell Castagne a couple of weeks ago was so ****ing ludicrous
Plus Castagne is actually better anyway...

To counter your post what about if we finish 3 or 4 places higher because of letting Kasper go....

Could of course happen but it would depend on Iversen improving massively in a short time. Hopefully he's been on the snuff and red bulls this week.

Could of course happen but it would depend on Iversen improving massively in a short time. Hopefully he's been on the snuff and red bulls this week.
My glass is half full, I can't start the season thinking we will get relagated or it's going to be crap it would just spoil it before it's started.

*you can of course quote me if Brentford spank us 0-5 and I start posting were Doomed messages*

Don't you agree that Schmeichel is past his best and therefore not still one of the best keepers in PL history?
No I don’t agree at all.

And I didn’t mention he’s one of the best keepers in PL history…I said he’s one of the best in the PL, as in now. Only Allisson, Ederson and potentially Ramsdale are better.

Hardly any worse off? Wow.

No I don’t agree at all.

And I didn’t mention he’s one of the best keepers in PL history…I said he’s one of the best in the PL, as in now. Only Allisson, Ederson and potentially Ramsdale are better.
I'd probably add Mendy, Lloris, Henderson, De Gea to that list.

Yet you mention Ramsdale! Pure ****ing comedy gold.
You’re perfectly content with Ward or Iversen as “hardly worse off” options, yet Ramsdale ahead of Schmeichel is ****ing comedy gold.

Wow, ok.

You’re perfectly content with Ward or Iversen as “hardly worse off” options, yet Ramsdale ahead of Schmeichel is ****ing comedy gold.

Wow, ok.
Nobody knows in truth what Ward or Iverson will be like. Fact.

Now at least wait for a few terrible performances before you start being a negative, miserable ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody knows in truth what Ward or Iverson will be like. Fact.

Now at least wait for a few terrible performances before you start being a negative, miserable kunt.

Agreed

Late Sunday afternoon will be perfectly fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673