Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

I’m not angry, I just think it looks like a bunch of people who leave things too late and then can’t get done what they were trying to do.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Brinksmanship is all it is. Seems clear we have a player in Daka that can’t, won’t and isn’t wanted to play football for us for many reasons. They’ve had three months to move him on to someone, ANYONE. And now we’re stuck with him at the expense of a player we’d be able to use in Cannon.

People like Rudkin earn a lot of money to do stuff like this. We know as Leicester fans what can be achieved simply through competence.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Brinksmanship is all it is. Seems clear we have a player in Daka that can’t, won’t and is wanted to play football for us for many reasons. They’ve had three months to move him on to someone, ANYONE. And now we’re stuck with him at the expense of a player we’d be able to use in Cannon.

Daka will do well in this division if he gets a chance.

We could still move Daka on to one of the countries where their window doesn’t shut today. We can’t bring anyone in after today though (until January, anyway).

The window has SLAMMED shut!

But it's a bit draughty, so some deals may still blow through.

We really need to upgrade the dial up internet connection at the ground...

Daka will do well in this division if he gets a chance.
I agree, I doubt Cannon or Piroe or Archer etc would score more goals than him in a Championship season.

Does it not seem like every single indicator points towards him not being part of the squad though?

I suppose we’ve shifted an awful lot of players and largely recruited pretty well.

I’m disappointed we are stuck with Ward, Praet and Iversen.

Daka and Souttar can be reintroduced and should have enough quality for the championship.

I’m one of those that thinks Nacho and Wilf will be important players this season.

Was always going to take a few carpet stealing’s to get rid of Rodgers stink.

I agree, I doubt Cannon or Piroe or Archer etc would score more goals than him in a Championship season.

Does it not seem like every single indicator points towards him not being part of the squad though?
Cannon scored 8 in 20 last season.

Daka and Kel both are unproven at this level so the jury is out.

Some of the moaning a groaning... Holy flaps.

We've shifted out a whole host of complete shit and taken millions off the wage bill. We've made some excellent signings in Hermansen and Winks and quite a few more that look great on paper.

We've managed to hold on to the players Maresca has been using and clearly likes such as Iheanacho and Ndidi

I think it's been a successful window. Yes, Cannon would be the icing on the cake but the club and its management have done well this window.

Some of the moaning a groaning... Holy flaps.

We've shifted out a whole host of complete shit and taken millions off the wage bill. We've made some excellent signings in Hermansen and Winks and quite a few more that look great on paper.

We've managed to hold on to the players Maresca has been using and clearly likes such as Iheanacho and Ndidi

I think it's been a successful window. Yes, Cannon would be the icing on the cake but the club and its management have done well this window.
Largely agree, though I do think we have too many players on the books particularly ones with expiring contracts.

I certainly think we should, and need, to get promoted now.

Oh FFS...

If he's missed it again Rudkin needs to be fired on the spot.
There are far more likely scenarios;

What about if Bournemouth pulled the plug on Daka at the last minute and we couldn't fall foul of FFP?

What about if Everton didn't want to do the deal after Iwobi had gone?

What if we have got the deal sheet in and are trying to get it done now?

Like I say, regardless of this deal, the window has been an excellent one for us.

Well. You said " I doubt Cannon or Piroe or Archer etc would score more goals than him in a Championship season."

I'm just saying that there's no evidence that supports that. Cannon and Piroe scored almost 1 in every 2 matches they played in last season, and Archer more than 1 in every 2 on average.

Daka really is unproven in this division. A drop from the Prem doesn't mean he'll do well down here. He seemed pretty useless last season. Apart from pace, I'm not sure what he offers.

Maupay has gone back to Brentford on loan so that could impact the Cannon deal.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663