Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Developing players for Crystal Palace now

Elite

Gone from title and F.A cup winners to loaning youth players from Crystal Palace.
Have we hit bottom yet

Sounds like the exact sort of player we should be signing - he could do well here and then want to stay part of the first team, rather than going back to U23s or whatever they've decided to call it this week!

Gone from title and F.A cup winners to loaning youth players from Crystal Palace.
Have we hit bottom yet
Of course we haven’t. That time we nearly went out of business was close to that.

It’s shit but we need to get our heads around the fact that we aren’t PL anymore. We are however at least aspiring to get there again.

Living in the past… there’s no future in it.

Of course we haven’t. That time we nearly went out of business was close to that.

It’s shit but we need to get our heads around the fact that we aren’t PL anymore. We are however at least aspiring to get there again.

Living in the past… there’s no future in it.
Ben Hogan quote:

“The most important shot in golf is your next one.”

This is a depressing reminder of where we're at it, isn't it...
No. I’ve accepted where we are and there’s no point wallowing in it. I recommend that attitude.

As much as I hate the following phrase, it’s apt here; we are where we are… and that is one good season from being (potentially) back in the Premier League. I couldn’t give a **** where we sign players from or for who they impressed, if they’ll help us try and achieve our goals.

No. I’ve accepted where we are and there’s no point wallowing in it. I recommend that attitude.

As much as I hate the following phrase, it’s apt here; we are where we are… and that is one good season from being (potentially) back in the Premier League. I couldn’t give a **** where we sign players from or for who they impressed, if they’ll help us try and achieve our goals.
100% this.

A couple of years ago I was on holiday and met a lovely couple and their daughter.

Spent a bit of time with them but the woman moaned about everything, and I mean everything. This wasn’t right, that wasn’t right, and so on.

She had a point, the hotel was sub standard and the food was gash. One evening after a few too many I said to her (she was moaning again), “look, you are here for two weeks, things aren’t as we all expected, you now have two choices. One, spend the entire ****ing time moaning about it and have a lousy holiday and ruin everyone else’s time or Two, accept where you are and make the best of a bad job.”

100% this.

A couple of years ago I was on holiday and met a lovely couple and their daughter.

Spent a bit of time with them but the woman moaned about everything, and I mean everything. This wasn’t right, that wasn’t right, and so on.

She had a point, the hotel was sub standard and the food was gash. One evening after a few too many I said to her (she was moaning again), “look, you are here for two weeks, things aren’t as we all expected, you now have two choices. One, spend the entire ****ing time moaning about it and have a lousy holiday and ruin everyone else’s time or Two, accept where you are and make the best of a bad job.”
Did she stop moaning ?

On all seriousness, yes she did or I would have distanced myself from her.

100% this.

Please do us a favour and have a chat with that moaning sod on here.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663