Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Bonkers to let Nacho go without a nailed on replacement coming in - preferably two in case one of them is a complete shithouse like Daka

If we end up stuck with Vardy and Daka, it's all over

The money sloshing around the PL at the moment is quite something. Links all over the place with clubs having cash to spend or desperate for reinforcements. I don't think I've seen a deadline approaching with so many clubs in such a mess. There are hundreds of deals still to be done.

From our perspective, we need to be prepared to trade most players. If the offer is good, we must sell. Therefore, everything really depends on what Martyn Glover has spent the last year doing. How extensive is our list of potential recruits for each position. How well do Maresca and Glover work together? How prepared is Rudkin to adapt and sort out contracts last minute?

The money sloshing around the PL at the moment is quite something. Links all over the place with clubs having cash to spend or desperate for reinforcements. I don't think I've seen a deadline approaching with so many clubs in such a mess. There are hundreds of deals still to be done.

From our perspective, we need to be prepared to trade most players. If the offer is good, we must sell. Therefore, everything really depends on what Martyn Glover has spent the last year doing. How extensive is our list of potential recruits for each position. How well do Maresca and Glover work together? How prepared is Rudkin to adapt and sort out contracts last minute?

LOL

14 seconds

The defender we've been expecting to get - Harwood-Bellis from Man City looks to be off.

From John Percy: It is understood that former City coach Enzo Maresca, now the manager of Leicester City, is now unlikely to sign him

I don't think we do. If he goes, and I'm not convinced that he will, they'll be someone incoming.

I agree. Nacho seemed genuinely upset by relegation. He's been the number choice up front in all the league games and probably now feels more appreciated, he might not get that chance at another club, especially Palace who never seem to know who to play up front. I know he's out of contract next year but if we get promoted on the back of a good season he will be in a better position to negotiate a new one if he so wants. I think he's one we should hang on to ( I know you probably won't agree Pop).

I can't see him being let go without a replacement in the wings.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663