Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

How about we give any new players a chance before we write them off?
Ok, I can't wait to see Winks suddenly became a great player overnight, I mean he ripped it up at Spurs before getting relegated with Sampdoria he's only 27 so loads of time for him to improve.

Coady, well he might be ok in the championship but that's about his limit and he's only going to get worse.

Yes give them a chance by all means but Winks has done absolutely nothing to suggest he will be any good, Spurs would have our pants down for sure. And Coady isn't wanted by Everton or Wolves, I bet nobody else is interested in Coady and offering £2 million Wolves would still.be smirking as the cheque clears.

I'm sorry but I don't see anything that either of these players have done in the last 2/3 seasons to suggest they will be any good for Leicester.

I think we have signed shit players recently (Betrand, Vestergard, Soumare Daka shall I go on)that people are just clutching at straws and trying hard to convince themselves that Winks and Coady will be completely different.

I'm sorry I'm not excited about either of these players but there's a reason for that as I've pointed out

Alternatively, the ztreeeet is winding you up again.
Hand on a second, this isn’t even the real Jamie Vardy! This chin comes straight off!

From a Spurs fan:
Honestly, think he’s being massively underrated by your fanbase. And I totally understand that. But he would do more than ‘do a job’ - he would be one of the best players in the championship, and your new gaffer would love him. He lost his way a bit with us, largely through style of play we were playing and confidence if I’m honest. But he will be so good in the championship at setting the tempo and progressing play. He was the stand out in, albeit a relegated, Sampdoria side last year after injury and he’s shown he can perform in two major European leagues now. Some of our fans criticise him far too much too so I wouldn’t read too much into what they say either. Needs a fresh start but can almost guarantee he’s one of the signings of the summer for you at that level.

Leicester City have "discussed" Arsenal defender Zach Awe as a potential signing this summer.
The 19-year-old was offered a new contract by the Gunners, but turned down their offer and will now leave Arsenal when his contract expires at the end of June. Awe has been in matchday squads under Mikel Arteta at Arsenal, but is yet to make his professional debut. Despite that, he is leaving north London in search of regular senior football next season. The defender has already been linked with a move to the Championship, with Leicester now named as potential suitors.

Alternatively, Vardy's agent is trying to generate interest in one final payday.
You make it sound as though agents act to make money for players.

Leicester City have "discussed" Arsenal defender Zach Awe as a potential signing this summer.
The 19-year-old was offered a new contract by the Gunners, but turned down their offer and will now leave Arsenal when his contract expires at the end of June. Awe has been in matchday squads under Mikel Arteta at Arsenal, but is yet to make his professional debut. Despite that, he is leaving north London in search of regular senior football next season. The defender has already been linked with a move to the Championship, with Leicester now named as potential suitors.

How's his surname pronounced. If it's like awe in "shock and awe" I'm a big fan of signing him. We could make crow noises to cheer him on.

It's probably not pronounced that way though and I'll be against signing him as I've never heard of him so he must be shit.

Ok, I can't wait to see Winks suddenly became a great player overnight, I mean he ripped it up at Spurs before getting relegated with Sampdoria he's only 27 so loads of time for him to improve.

Coady, well he might be ok in the championship but that's about his limit and he's only going to get worse.

Yes give them a chance by all means but Winks has done absolutely nothing to suggest he will be any good, Spurs would have our pants down for sure. And Coady isn't wanted by Everton or Wolves, I bet nobody else is interested in Coady and offering £2 million Wolves would still.be smirking as the cheque clears.

I'm sorry but I don't see anything that either of these players have done in the last 2/3 seasons to suggest they will be any good for Leicester.

I think we have signed shit players recently (Betrand, Vestergard, Soumare Daka shall I go on)that people are just clutching at straws and trying hard to convince themselves that Winks and Coady will be completely different.

I'm sorry I'm not excited about either of these players but there's a reason for that as I've pointed out
**** me pink!

I mean, are you okay?

From a Spurs fan:
Honestly, think he’s being massively underrated by your fanbase. And I totally understand that. But he would do more than ‘do a job’ - he would be one of the best players in the championship, and your new gaffer would love him. He lost his way a bit with us, largely through style of play we were playing and confidence if I’m honest. But he will be so good in the championship at setting the tempo and progressing play. He was the stand out in, albeit a relegated, Sampdoria side last year after injury and he’s shown he can perform in two major European leagues now. Some of our fans criticise him far too much too so I wouldn’t read too much into what they say either. Needs a fresh start but can almost guarantee he’s one of the signings of the summer for you at that level.
No, no, no.

He's shit. Coady is shit. Everyone on Maresca's list is shit. Maresca is shit. Top is shit. All will fail.

These are the facts based on nothing whatsoever (often called 'The Street') and they are not for discussion.

In the right system, as in not when being bypassed, he was exceptional and I watched his England debut. Very clever possession-based ‘give and go’ midfielder.

Coady was in Englands World Cup squad a year ago. I know he didn’t play, but we’ve got an England international and proven leader joining us, in the championship, during what is often the prime years for his position. He’s got experience of the league too and is used to a scrap.

Winks is more of a gamble given his injury history, but he himself has 10 caps and is still only 27. He has had a rough time at Spurs as the managers they have hired have been dysfunctional and their style of play completely unsuited to the player. He will be eager to prove himself and his style fits perfectly with what Maresca will want to do. Just needs to stay fit.

Bit more dubious on Steffen but there’s a logic to it. Can play with the ball at his feet, at an age where he wants to be playing, has a connection with the manager, and we should be actively dumping Ward.

Overall we need accountability, hunger and leadership. We also need about 10 players. I think so far the strategy is pragmatic.

I can understand the air coming out of the balloon. These aren’t inspired “Leicester” signings based on recent history, but they are significant moves for any championship club.

Doesn’t mean they will work out, but I think the rank negativity is not quite fair.

Coady was in Englands World Cup squad a year ago. I know he didn’t play, but we’ve got an England international and proven leader joining us, in the championship, during what is often the prime years for his position. He’s got experience of the league too and is used to a scrap.

Winks is more of a gamble given his injury history, but he himself has 10 caps and is still only 27. He has had a rough time at Spurs as the managers they have hired have been dysfunctional and their style of play completely unsuited to the player. He will be eager to prove himself and his style fits perfectly with what Maresca will want to do. Just needs to stay fit.

Bit more dubious on Steffen but there’s a logic to it. Can play with the ball at his feet, at an age where he wants to be playing, has a connection with the manager, and we should be actively dumping Ward.

Overall we need accountability, hunger and leadership. We also need about 10 players. I think so far the strategy is pragmatic.

I can understand the air coming out of the balloon. These aren’t inspired “Leicester” signings based on recent history, but they are significant moves for any championship club.

Doesn’t mean they will work out, but I think the rank negativity is not quite fair.
Beautifully summed up.

Excellent.

Its still all going on. I'd imagine we'll sign both experienced AND young players before the kick off. I think it's still sinking in with some of us that we're a championship club again now & we have to revert to being the Leicester fans we were before 2016. It's a tough ask for some. Me included. I finally got the club I thought I was getting when I was 10 years old & now I've ****ing lost it again in the most ludicrous fashion. I reckon we'd need to win the ****ing champions league in order to ever fully get over it but I'm seeking counselling to help with that.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563