Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

The next couple of weeks is quite the jigsaw puzzle.

We can have five loans in a matchday squad and must intend to have at least four in place by the deadline. These are all ifs and buts at the moment so we have to be careful.

No point brining in a couple now if we don't move on certain players. We could easily end up with a very imbalanced group.

Most departures from here on will also be loans.

We clearly have a very long list of players that we're prepared to let go. The problem, as always, is having takers for them.

While the 2 goalkeeper thing is a bit extreme, if it results in the unwanted players ****ing off then it’s a worthy exercise.
I actually don't mind extreme. The unforgiveable shitstorm we find ourselves in requires extreme action not pointless fiddling around the edges.

Castagne clearly doesn't want to be here so he can **** off. Soumare could probably be good back in France or in Spain. Somewhere he can just stroll around. **** off to both of them.
Daka I feel sorry for, never had a run but I think there's a decent player in there given the chance.
Souttar...well, he just clearly isn't wanted. At all. Which is a shame as he's a perfectly fine defender at this level.
Obvious Enzo simply has no time for him. Must feel like sacking his agent for getting him what turned out to be a pointless move.

Odds on he signs for another championship side, is MOTM when we play them & scores the winner from a corner or free kick.

Would like to hear why EM does not like Souttar though, seems very strange that Vestergaard is preferred considering he's easily exploited with his lack of pace, when we stop giving the ball away so easily the better teams will use this.

Last edited:
Just read a report by Thomas Bradley Alderman (whoever he is) that Faes wants out during this current transfer window. He's playing well and not good if it's true.

Would like to hear why EM does not like Souttar though, seems very strange that Vestergaard is preferred considering he's easily exploited with his lack of pace, when we stop giving the ball away so easily the better teams will use this.
He prefers Vesty as he can pick a pass out from the back. He is also (in the right system) a good defender.

Souttar is a more orthodox CB, who I doubt passes the ball out or carries it out.

If we are to play a certain style of football it is essential we have players who can fit into this system.

Enzo has clearly identified that Souttar can’t play this way.

Remember last season when the manager that we had at the time would NOT pick the best defender in the squad!

There probably isn't a personal reason that Souttar isn't playing. He's not 'injured', must just be the wrong type of good defender.

Remember last season when the manager that we had at the time would NOT pick the best defender in the squad!

There probably isn't a personal reason that Souttar isn't playing. He's not 'injured', must just be the wrong type of good defender.
There’s no evidence to suggest that Souttar is the best defender in the squad. Unless you watched him regularly at Stoke and know more than me, then fair enough. During his time with us last season, he had one very good game, away at Newcastle. He didn’t exactly come in and improve our defence.

There’s no evidence to suggest that Souttar is the best defender in the squad. Unless you watched him regularly at Stoke and know more than me, then fair enough. During his time with us last season, he had one very good game, away at Newcastle. He didn’t exactly come in and improve our defence.
I'm not saying that Souttar is the best defender in the squad but last season, our best defender wasn't picked for personal reasons (allegedly), not his ability on the pitch.

Just read a report by Thomas Bradley Alderman (whoever he is) that Faes wants out during this current transfer window. He's playing well and not good if it's true.

I genuinely wouldnt care as long as we replace him. Enzo saying we're already in need of another CB which is about right. Will need another if Faes goes.

He was so absolutely dogshit last season that I wouldn't miss him in the slightest. He had a good game against Huddersfield admittedly but I don't think he played particularly well against Cov. End of the day he's stuck he unless an acceptable offer comes in, which is not likely given how shit he was last year....... for him it should be all about rebuilding his credibility this season.

The thing with Faes is that he can't be contained in a back four. He goes wandering and leaves massive gaps behind him.

His best games before joining us were in a back three and it is no surprise that he looks effective in one with us. Same with Coady and Doyle - both players are comfortable in a three but look very dodgy in a four.

If EM is intent on this system all the time, and I think it's clear that he is, then Faes is as good as any average central defender. If we sell him, we'll have to replace him with someone fairly similar.

Personally, I want him gone if at all possible because I associate him with last season, he'll be on a lot of money, and I don't think he's going to improve. But there are lots of players I'd prefer to see gone than him.

The problem that I have with the story that we had two keepers on the bench because we didn't want players who will be leaving in the match day squad, is that it would mean that we want to keep Stolarczyk, Ward, Iversen and Hermansen!

The problem that I have with the story that we had two keepers on the bench because we didn't want players who will be leaving in the match day squad, is that it would mean that we want to keep Stolarczyk, Ward, Iversen and Hermansen!
Or it could mean we want to keep two of them and protect the opportunity to get a fee for the other two.

Separate question - are two goalkeepers enough?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563