Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

BBC Sport now offer an explanation as to why there is a delay. It is said that a move has been "agreed in principle" with Chelsea, but the Blues have been putting all their concentration on completing a deal for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo which put the Casadei talks "on hold".

A deal that will see Caicedo join Chelsea has now been agreed, with the midfielder closing in on a move to Stamford Bridge. That means that Chelsea can now turn their attention back to finalising the Casadei deal with City.

If all goes to plan, the 20-year-old should be available to make his City debut for Saturday’s home clash against Cardiff City. Maresca’s men will be looking to make it four wins out of four under the new manager.

If he plays in that number 8 role he could be devastating.

To be fair and judging by the games so far, if we can be reasonably tight in defence, we have enough fire power up the other end to put score most teams.

A few additions to plug the gaps and we would be very difficult to outscore.

I wonder if he sits in the slot next to Winks and Ricardo moves up to our vacant RW spot.
I don't know if that quite is Enzoball, but from what I've seen of Casadei he's usually not just behind the striker.

He may have enough quality to be put anywhere on the pitch and improve us though. Feels like a brilliant signing regardless

To be fair and judging by the games so far, if we can be reasonably tight in defence, we have enough fire power up the other end to put score most teams.

A few additions to plug the gaps and we would be very difficult to outscore.
You simply don’t get punished in this league like you do in the Prem. As long as we keep scoring and don’t get loads of injuries we’ll piss the league.

I wonder if he sits in the slot next to Winks and Ricardo moves up to our vacant RW spot.
I don't know if that quite is Enzoball, but from what I've seen of Casadei he's usually not just behind the striker.

He may have enough quality to be put anywhere on the pitch and improve us though. Feels like a brilliant signing regardless
I think he'll be behind the striker. He scored 7 in 7 in that position in the recent U20 World Cup.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563