Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what has been agreed between the two clubs. Apparently Villa and Chelsea have agreed any recall for Abraham needs to be in the first two weeks.
I believe Barnes would still count as a youth loan due to him being under 21 which would mean 24hr recall clause has to be included
You think we should be 'bedding him in' by playing him after what we've seen? Jebus!

Perhaps we are doing him the same favour we have done Mendy, Choudhury, Barnes, Benkovic etc... by sending him out on loan to improve. It's a perfectly legitimate method of developing players which has been proven to work. Would you prefer we just stick him in the reserves and watch him continue to under perform?

The club aren't to blame for not integrating players, they are to blame for signing the wrong players.
think he needs a loan in a physical league, not sure if the Turkish one is

I believe Barnes would still count as a youth loan due to him being under 21 which would mean 24hr recall clause has to be included

think he needs a loan in a physical league, not sure if the Turkish one is
He looks good enough for a mid championship team, would much rather he went there - I dont see what a loan to Turkey would achieve, apart as a prelude to selling him

Apparently Liverpool are going to send Solanke out on loan, is he any good?
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...n-19m-plus-addons-transfer-deal-a4030816.html

"Liverpool have agreed a deal worth £19million plus add-ons with Bournemouth for Dominic Solanke.

The striker, who arrived nearly 18 months ago after a tribunal settlement with Chelsea, moved to Anfield after winning the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017, in which he finished as the competition’s top goalscorer.

But Solanke now heads to the south coast having failed to establish himself within Jurgen Klopp’s first team, making just 26 appearances across all competitions.

Eddie Howe’s side have moved quickly to snap up the 21-year-old, who was set to join Crystal Palace on loan before the Eagles dropped their interest over fitness concerns, with the striker struggling with a groin problem.

He is expected to be joined at the Vitality Stadium but Nathaniel Clyne, with the Liverpool fullback moving to the Cherries on loan until the end of the season.

Solanke’s arrival will provide additional cover up front for Bournemouth with Jermain Defoe set to seal an 18-month loan move to Glasgow Rangers.
"

It looks like Iborra, Silva and King will all be leaving this month - subject to takers. Iborra looks close to moving and I think that the other two leaving is more likely than not. I'd like to think that we'll let King leave for free.

With Choudhury stepping up, they may try to make do but speculation persists about Elneny. Personally, I think he'd be an excellent addition in that he has the defensive midfielder approach but is a better passer than the others.

Three out, one in, in central midfield would make sense and there is really no sense in keeping Iborra, Silva and King any longer.

With Elder going on loan, and Amartey injured for some time yet, that must mean that we're sticking with Simpson and Fuchs until the summer. Benkovic looks to be staying at Celtic which makes sense too.

Diabate going out and Barnes coming back looks like sensible business. I'd be tempted to play Barnes non-stop for at least his first six games back just to give him a proper chance to step up.

That will probably be it.

I'm pretty sure I am the reigning COTY thank you very much.

One of my proudest achievements.
Is that true? I can find reference to you being the most miserable poster, but COTY was still BG, for the last time I can find the awards being done.

I could easily be wrong, of course :D

PS - you really should resurrect that, BN. It was a resounding success last time.

You think we should be 'bedding him in' by playing him after what we've seen? Jebus!

Perhaps we are doing him the same favour we have done Mendy, Choudhury, Barnes, Benkovic etc... by sending him out on loan to improve. It's a perfectly legitimate method of developing players which has been proven to work. Would you prefer we just stick him in the reserves and watch him continue to under perform?

The club aren't to blame for not integrating players, they are to blame for signing the wrong players.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Turkish league being **** all like the football he's needing to learn.

Surely something closer to home would be more beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566