Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Turkish league being **** all like the football he's needing to learn.

Surely something closer to home would be more beneficial?
That makes more sense although playing time is valuable. If he's playing, he's getting experience.

Is that true? I can find reference to you being the most miserable poster, but COTY was still BG, for the last time I can find the awards being done.

I could easily be wrong, of course :D

I have a distinct memory of calling my wife over to show her proudly that I'd been voted COTY a few years back. I've just asked her and she remembers this too, although I could have done without the rest of her comments about me . . .

I reckon its been deleted or something to try to erase my success. Either that or my wife is one of those robot things and I'm in some sort of parallel universe. Must be one of those two options.

I have a distinct memory of calling my wife over to show her proudly that I'd been voted COTY a few years back. I've just asked her and she remembers this too, although I could have done without the rest of her comments about me . . .

I reckon its been deleted or something to try to erase my success. Either that or my wife is one of those robot things and I'm in some sort of parallel universe. Must be one of those two options.
I think 2o13 was the last time BM bothered to do the awards. May have been earlier you won it. IF you won it.....

I found this from Mawsley in September 2016. Perhaps you were well regarded as a ****, just not officially recognised.

Apologies to anybody planning on mounting a bid for this season's COTY award - BN has won it in such spectacular fashion that the awards committee is allowing him to keep the trophy for ever.

I found this from Mawsley in September 2016. Perhaps you were well regarded as a ****, just not officially recognised.

Apologies to anybody planning on mounting a bid for this season's COTY award - BN has won it in such spectacular fashion that the awards committee is allowing him to keep the trophy for ever.

:081:

What a ****.

A COTY for Brown Nose now would be like when Scorsese won an Oscar for The Departed. Everybody knew it was only because he unfairly hadn’t been given one for Goodfellas.

A COTY for Brown Nose now would be like when Scorsese won an Oscar for The Departed. Everybody knew it was only because he unfairly hadn’t been given one for Goodfellas.
Everyone who appeared in a scene with Ray Winstone doing that absurd accent deserves an award. Maybe not an Oscar but something big and shiny.

I thought Fuchs was off to the US? If he staying in England I think we should offer him another year personally...

Apparently Ibhorra has signed for Villareal today. Loan deal to end of season with a guaranteed buy-on at 10MEuros. (presumably for FFP reasons or some such?). If this is verified I think it is a good move for him as he is never going to get any decent playing time here and he is going back to a league that he is more suited to. Still think he is a good player that just did not settle/adapt to the PL/British lifestyle or whatever.. Certainly not the first and wont be the last. Hope he does well

Explains why neither were in Newport, for the best in both cases and hopefully frees up resources for a player who'll actually play

Explains why neither were in Newport, for the best in both cases and hopefully frees up resources for a player who'll actually play
I still think we should get Delph in Midfield alongside Hamza and either Wilf or Papy.

Daniel Sturridge, out of contract in the summer, better than any striker we have bar Vardy and he's a better finisher than Vardy

I still think we should get Delph in Midfield alongside Hamza and either Wilf or Papy.

Daniel Sturridge, out of contract in the summer, better than any striker we have bar Vardy and he's a better finisher than Vardy
wonder what the stats are I thought Vardy had one of the best returns on chances per game

Let yourself down on the Daniel Sturridge idea.
Yes a good player, but only when fit.
Therein lies the problem

He seems to be their preferred backup at left back (ahead of Zinchenko) and an option as a holding midfielder when Fernandinho is out (along with Gundogan), so it’s unlikely they’d let him go. Not that I necessarily disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566