Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chance a last minute deal for Mendy d'ya reckon? He might have a few suitors after his performance yesterday.

What chance a last minute deal for Mendy d'ya reckon? He might have a few suitors after his performance yesterday.

Imagine he'll be added back into our squad now Benkovic has gone.

I hope he is - because I'd rather use Wilf at CB than have to play Vestergaard.

Imagine he'll be added back into our squad now Benkovic has gone.

I hope he is - because I'd rather use Wilf at CB than have to play Vestergaard.
Choudhury can deputise well there as we've seen.

Bit of a depressing transfer window isn't it for us?

Not managed to shift any deadwood other than paying off Benkovic, and not brought anyone in despite the gaping holes in our squad.

I know there's reasons for it, but it's still worrying when you see the business other top half competitors are doing - Villa look to have had an incredible transfer window.

Not managed to shift any deadwood other than paying off Benkovic, and not brought anyone in despite the gaping holes in our squad.

I know there's reasons for it, but it's still worrying when you see the business other top half competitors are doing - Villa look to have had an incredible transfer window.
Firstly, an admission: I'm as much of a 'want new shiny things' junky as the next man, but I can't say that I am too worried by Villa and Steven Gerrard's rush to sign baubles.

We are playing the long game. We've got the best training facilities, we're going to grow the stadium, we are having a bad season - and we're 10th in the Premier League! This is not a quick fix, we are building a future.

When 'Stevie G' and his entourage are looking for another prospect and Villa are holding a fire sale of pretty trinkets, we will still be growing.

We spent everything we had and more in the summer. For the first time in many years, we also sold nobody of significance.

Given the way that the club pushed the boat out for BR for this season, what's happened since is really disappointing.

As I've said several times, we have a very big squad. So big that we're going to find it impossible to pick the European squad without leaving out senior players. In September, we left out the likes of Fofana and Justin, as well as Mendy. Only Benkovic has gone and you'd imagine that we'd want to add those three now. Something will have to give.

What I wanted to see this month was some departures. Players clearly not good enough to improve us. Perez types.

Without getting rid, we were never going to be able to add.

Here's an example. Utterly shit player just clogging the place up. Let's hope this is a permanent deal and true.

Still only 20, so wouldn't have to be named in the squad to get a game would he? Still, if the best club interested in his services are at the bottom of the SPL, he must be far below the needed spec for even a squad player

Still only 20, so wouldn't have to be named in the squad to get a game would he? Still, if the best club interested in his services are at the bottom of the SPL, he must be far below the needed spec for even a squad player

The rules are messy and I can't remember what applies in this sort of case but I think he would have to be named because he isn't a home grown City player as we picked him up when he was released by Arsenal.

Can't wait to see his debut senior appearance in 8 years
Or sooner if he's like Barnes. Or Chilwell. Or Thomas. Or KDH. Or Knight. Or Choudhury....

This rhetoric about youth players not getting chances or clogging up the system is bollocks. Some will be good enough, some won't. I'd say we've done exceptionally well of late in this area.

Or sooner if he's like Barnes. Or Chilwell. Or Thomas. Or KDH. Or Knight. Or Choudhury....

This rhetoric about youth players not getting chances or clogging up the system is bollocks. Some will be good enough, some won't. I'd say we've done exceptionally well of late in this area.
I may be wrong, but didn't all these players come to the club a lot younger than he is though?

I may be wrong, but didn't all these players come to the club a lot younger than he is though?
Possibly, possibly not. But the kid is only 17. It's not like we're buying a 23 year old. Like I say, some we will win on, some we won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669