Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast forward 4 years to deadline day and he'll be signing on a free for Scunthorpe or Leyton Orient.
Yeah. Why do clubs invest in young players. ****ing idiots. It's been proven time and again that no young players ever bought anywhere by anyone ever succeed.

£300m spent in the PL.

Either the owner doesn't trust the recruitment team Rodgers has in place or we're just skint.

I can’t quite fathom why we haven’t signed a defender. There are countless players who would offer more than Vestandpants.

I can’t quite fathom why we haven’t signed a defender. There are countless players who would offer more than Vestandpants.
Who, and how much? I'd not sure I'd need to take my shoes off to count that many tbh. I don't think Vestergard is so much a bad player as one who was bought in in an understandable panic and who doesn't fit the system. Repeating that this month would have been a mistake

Who, and how much? I'd not sure I'd need to take my shoes off to count that many tbh. I don't think Vestergard is so much a bad player as one who was bought in in an understandable panic and who doesn't fit the system. Repeating that this month would have been a mistake
He’s one of the worst players we have ever had. The price tag puts him right up there IMO. I just feel that the team of people employed by Leicester City Football Club, whose job it is to identify appropriate players, could have spent at the very least the past 5 months since Vesty announced himself as a catastrophic mistake, applying their minds to this question. So I suppose the question shouldn’t be so much who I would pick (I already have a full time job), but how we got in this state to begin with. That’s my take anyway.

Vestergaard has had a reasonable career at a high level so there is a decent player in there, also we had been linked with him previously so we should have had all the scouting data to know how he would fit in. I think he was hampered by coming in injured and unfit but having to go straight into the team because of our crisis, not to mention that the number of games we were playing meant there was little time for coaching and getting used to his teammates (which were changing every week due to injuries). Everything was set up for him to fail.

Hopefully having some time to settle and train he can still be useful.

I don't get all this needs time to get used to his team mates and work on his coaching etc, football is a simple game that needs no qualifications and how hard is it to head the ball away from the goal especially if your 6 inches taller than the bloke your competing with. Even a schoolboy knows not to gallop to the half way line and fluff a challenge leaving the opposition a clear run at the goal as you lumber back like a new born giraffe.
Yes he's had a good career elsewhere but for us he has been shit and not even doing basic things correct isn't BR fault.

Because he was excellent for Southampton for the whole of last season and was exceptional for Denmark during the Euros probably.

The majority of comments that I've seen from Southampton fans suggest that last season was a fluke, based on his performances before and after it.

He's always looked like a pretty useless lump of a defender whenever I've seen him, even before he joined us.

Maybe if you're a relegation fighting team who will defend extremely deep in your own box every game then he could offer something. But even then I've not seen good positioning, heading or anything suggesting that he can be any kind of wall in defence.

The majority of comments that I've seen from Southampton fans suggest that last season was a fluke, based on his performances before and after it.

He's always looked like a pretty useless lump of a defender whenever I've seen him, even before he joined us.

Maybe if you're a relegation fighting team who will defend extremely deep in your own box every game then he could offer something. But even then I've not seen good positioning, heading or anything suggesting that he can be any kind of wall in defence.
You think he fluked playing well for a whole season and an international tournament? Did he fluke the 66 performances at Borussia where he was hugely well regarded as a fine defender as well? Or at Werder Brennan where he was also very highly rated?

Are you one of those who think we fluked our league win in 2015?

Like I have said, he's been rubbish for us on the whole which is a shame but he's been no worse than Soyuncu who has cost us time and time again, or Evans who was terrible for the most part when playing. We have a much bigger problem with our defending than one player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670