Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The internet, forums and review boards are where the disenchanted go to vent, any manager that used it as a serious resource would end up looking like a clown.
Yep. I think there was only about 2 of us who thought Bertrand would be a shit signing. The rest were all saying what a good buy he would be. This is the nature of a forum. Looking like ****s is what forum posters do best. I should know.

Yeah. Some of those posts are also suggesting that Bertrand is a good defender. Do you see why you probably shouldn't take what's written on an Internet forum too seriously as an arbiter of any reality?

Just look at the ****ing state of this forum as an example. Holy flaps, man.

You can keep banging the same drum but the truth is, he hasn't been any worse than any of our other defenders save for Amartey and Choudhury, unbelievably. He may prove to be complete pony for us but until we sort out the horrendous turd that is our back line, then it's academic. Our organisation and our complete buffoonary in constantly playing across the back or playing out from the keeper is suicide. Maybe we should give the few fit defenders we have a chance by getting someone with a third of a brain cell to organise them better.

For what's it's worth, he probably will be 4th choice when everyone's fit. Until then, we will need to either adapt our style to make up for his obvious shortcomings in pace or find another solution in the Choudhury shaped mould instead.
What I have seen written in relation to Vestergaard is a more than fair assessment of what I have seen with my own two eyes.

What I have seen written in relation to Vestergaard is a more than fair assessment of what I have seen with my own two eyes.
And I don't disagree. But there are countless other pieces of evidence to suggest that he has been a very good player at numerous high level clubs and at international level.

Like I say, it's about due dilligence. If the plan was always to play the stupid way we are across the back, tapping it around and pushing up high then buying him was completely incompetent. He was never going to be able to do that and it would always have led to him making the errors we have seen from him.

I don't think he's shit. I've seen him play fantastically well numerous times but he will be shit for us unless we adapt a different way of playing. I'm not saying for one minute that we should adapt our whole game to meet only his needs, but that the purchasing of him was done without any thought or care as to what he could offer.

Think back to Chilwell. He was and is, a ****ing hopeless defender and so he was never ever going to work well enough for us because we had to do a lot of defending. At Chelsea he's been good in patches because he doesn't need to do a tenth as much defending. Round peg, round hole.

****ing hell is this still going

He’s ****ing wank, now let’s never speak of the hopeless **** again

And I don't disagree. But there are countless other pieces of evidence to suggest that he has been a very good player at numerous high level clubs and at international level.

Like I say, it's about due dilligence. If the plan was always to play the stupid way we are across the back, tapping it around and pushing up high then buying him was completely incompetent. He was never going to be able to do that and it would always have led to him making the errors we have seen from him.

I don't think he's shit. I've seen him play fantastically well numerous times but he will be shit for us unless we adapt a different way of playing. I'm not saying for one minute that we should adapt our whole game to meet only his needs, but that the purchasing of him was done without any thought or care as to what he could offer.

Think back to Chilwell. He was and is, a ****ing hopeless defender and so he was never ever going to work well enough for us because we had to do a lot of defending. At Chelsea he's been good in patches because he doesn't need to do a tenth as much defending. Round peg, round hole.
What is that way of playing through? Because he has looked shit when we've been pushed back well into our half in the last part of games.
Totally get your point. That he could for example be a fantastic signing for Burnley who don't press. But I've just not seen any actual defending from him. Maybe one game this season where he has been ok.

Anyway, we're not going to change our style. BR has shown that. So this signing is a complete cluster ****.

I’ve just realised where I’ve seen Vestergaard before…

30E25D0E-5956-4EEA-8B40-DA007EE10C07.jpeg
He went to the training ground today and did a football practice.

Leicester City have reduced their asking price for Youri Tielemans, 24, from £60m to £35m with Arsenal and Manchester United in the race to sign the Belgian midfielder this summer. (Het Nieuwsblad, via Metro)

Agent talk no doubt. But he's off in the summer.

That’s his prerogative and he has every right to do it.

We should have signed him up earlier, or sold him earlier.

Well, maybe - in fairness - we tried. If he says 'no' then we're into gambling territory - what's another season worth? etc. I dunno. We paid a reported £40M for him and we might not recoup that... but the club may still feel it was money well spent. Let's just hope he doesn't prat about until the summer... as he might well have done at Monaco...

Tilemans went shit at Monaco before we signed him, looks like he's doing the same to us.

Could well be. I don't know the circumstances at Monaco, I just know they were glad to be rid for the money they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566