Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he's not reached the refusing to play/sitting in the airport stage yet.

Not sure about sitting at the airport but his performances this season have been tantamount to refusing to play.

He's been great for us until this year though, will remembered for the FA Cup goal. Not sure who we should replace him with but would love to see Ward-Prowse from Southampton myself. Still, Maddison has been very good of late and fixing our massive defence problems should be a priority on the incoming side.

Wonderful player who’s world class goal (finally) delivered the FA Cup. A player I will always be thankful of being at Leicester.
Now let’s get as much cash as possible and move on.

BN said what I think already. He’s still been one of our best players even as he’s seen those around him play like ****ing idiots. How frustrating must it be for someone of Champions League standard to be constantly dragged backwards by barely Premier League-quality teammates? Sure, sign me up for five more years of Söyüncü and Soumaré.

How frustrating must it be for someone of Champions League standard to be constantly dragged backwards by barely Premier League-quality teammates?
This is an interesting narrative and is perhaps more projection than reality.

I don't think I could respect any footballer who downs tools because he thinks his team mates are not worthy of him, but I honestly don't suspect that of Youri. I get that he's maybe moved on (in his head) and that is probably seen in how he's playing (by a percentage point or whatever) but I don't see it as any blatant disrespect to those around him.

How frustrating must it be for someone of Champions League standard to be constantly dragged backwards by barely Premier League-quality teammates? Sure, sign me up for five more years of Söyüncü and Soumaré.
Not sure giving the ball away straight from KO to allow the opposition to score the winner in the 94th minute is champions league standard

Can't blame him, we're shit.

This is an interesting narrative and is perhaps more projection than reality.

I don't think I could respect any footballer who downs tools because he thinks his team mates are not worthy of him, but I honestly don't suspect that of Youri. I get that he's maybe moved on (in his head) and that is probably seen in how he's playing (by a percentage point or whatever) but I don't see it as any blatant disrespect to those around him.
It’s nothing to do with ‘downing tools’ or any other nonsense people want to invent. Why would or should anyone in football stick with a club that can’t or won’t match their level? Most clubs wouldn’t keep a player who isn’t good enough, it works both ways.

His reaction to winning a throw-in during the Newcastle game shows he has the passion to win games

Great player, and a genuinely massive loss
Based on this season he wouldn't be a loss he's turned in some woeful performances, I think he's already gone and is just going through the motions same as he did at Monaco.
Get as much as possible for him and move on as there is no point keeping a player that doesn't want to be here.

Anyone who thinks he won't be a huge loss is out of their ****ing peanut sized, fettered mind.

I don't blame him at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maddison's agent banging the drum either.

I love it when we slag off our own players. Some of them might deserve it, to be fair, but feck me we go overboard (again) too often.

He has been a brilliant player for us and, even if he’s currently not on top form, that’s only in line with many others. He seems to me to have genuinely enjoyed playing for us and If it’s time to move on, then fair ****s to him.

I love it when we slag off our own players. Some of them might deserve it, to be fair, but feck me we go overboard (again) too often.

He has been a brilliant player for us and, even if he’s currently not on top form, that’s only in line with many others. He seems to me to have genuinely enjoyed playing for us and If it’s time to move on, then fair ****s to him.

Yep. Agreed....but once he's gone he's dead to us, obvs.

Which is exactly what I've said he hasn't done!

Yourself and homer homer ought both pay a little more attention to what is written before leaping in
Yes, but if we scroll back we see that you were the one who introduced that phrase. I thought it might be helpful to clarify that it needn’t be part of the conversation at all.

Yes, but if we scroll back we see that you were the one who introduced that phrase. I thought it might be helpful to clarify that it needn’t be part of the conversation at all.
What an odd thing to say. Anyway, I also dont think he's downed tools. He's just not playing at the level that we know he can do.

He'll get back on form soon I'm sure, especially if he's trying to impress potential suitors, or maybe even get a bumper contract from us.

He's the new Gareth Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570