Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've got 30m spare somewhere and Rodgers is still manager? Sounds like bollocks to me.

Makes me wonder if the squad know that Maddison is being sold before the end of the month.

If his mysterious knee is a smokescreen, and let's face it the comments to date are akin to the magic bullet in the Kennedy assassination, we could easily have an agreement in place to sell him but need to bring two or three in first to avoid total meltdown.

If the squad know this, it could explain their 'feck it' attitude since they've come back.

I don't understand how we can pay this for an injury prone winger unless someone is going and who else would get a significant fee in? With just over a year left on his contract, we have to be prepared to sell.

I have no faith that we will come out of the other side of this well. With or without new players.

I have no faith that we will come out of the other side of this well. With or without new players.

The squad needs radical change. I'm up for selling anyone to facilitate it.

I'm also much more confident with Martyn Glover in charge than I was when that dipshit Congerton was here. We went to enough trouble to get him in to lead our recruitment, we now have to trust him to get on with it.

I'm also much more confident with Martyn Glover in charge than I was when that dipshit Congerton was here. We went to enough trouble to get him in to lead our recruitment, we now have to trust him to get on with it.
The squad certainly needs a facelift and I’m resigned to losing Maddison sooner rather than later.

I just don’t see the players and manager getting their shit together off the back of selling our best player and parachuting in the likes of this lad from Fiorentina.

I would absolutely HATE to lose Maddison, it will be absolutely gutting. Moreso than anyone else at the club now, by far.

But you're right. The squad needs major surgery and that has to start somewhere.

We've been successful in selling our top stars to develop the squad before - we need to get back to that model. Sadly Maddison is the only true valuable asset we now have to cash in on.

Would also marry up to Brendan's comments about the club needing to be brave enough to sell players who want to move on, although I assumed that was about Youri and Soyuncu.

Maddison will definitely be wanting out. He’s far too good to be playing for a bottom half team.

It’s just frustrating we’ve allowed ourselves to become that.

You do realise that without Maddison we are completely ****ed don't you.

Some random winger from Italy ain't changing that

Makes me wonder if the squad know that Maddison is being sold before the end of the month.

If his mysterious knee is a smokescreen, and let's face it the comments to date are akin to the magic bullet in the Kennedy assassination, we could easily have an agreement in place to sell him but need to bring two or three in first to avoid total meltdown.

If the squad know this, it could explain their 'feck it' attitude since they've come back.

I don't understand how we can pay this for an injury prone winger unless someone is going and who else would get a significant fee in? With just over a year left on his contract, we have to be prepared to sell.
Or, all that bollocks us about us having no money and being more skint than a bald man's barber was made up horseshit from a street with no name.

Just a thought.

It is much, much more likely that we are getting Soyuncu off the books to allow wages for this incoming.

You do realise that without Maddison we are completely ****ed don't you.

Yep

Any suggestion of selling him right now is complete and utter ****ing madness of the highest order

Or, all that bollocks us about us having no money and being more skint than a bald man's barber was made up horseshit from a street with no name.

Just a thought.

It is much, much more likely that we are getting Soyuncu off the books to allow wages for this incoming.

1673558090546.jpeg

What happens if Maddison wants out.
Do you keep an unhappy player?
It's evident to me that he has a phantom injury and doesn't want to play in case it jeopardises his move to Newcastle. Whether that is with or without the connivance of the club is a moot point.

It's evident to me that he has a phantom injury and doesn't want to play in case it jeopardises his move to Newcastle. Whether that is with or without the connivance of the club is a moot point.
Tin foil hats at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570