Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be an excellent signing imho.
I think he'd be ok, but not really a position of need is it. He'd also be much more likely to stay in the London area, if he moves, so somewhere like Palace or West Ham.

Serious question: do you think we are really trying to sign anyone, or are we surfing the rumours without the slightest intention of parting with money?

Let's be honest - he's gone to Gent. Will we really have been in for him if he's gone there? Would we really have been outbid for him?
And he's only on loan for the rest of the season. Wouldn't his club have preferred a sale if we really wanted to buy him?

Let's be honest - he's gone to Gent. Will we really have been in for him if he's gone there? Would we really have been outbid for him?
No, no, no. You must believe every press release, anywhere, ever. We were definitely in for him but then we couldn't find the pennies down the back of the sofa so we definitely won't sign anyone at all in the next two days, weeks or years.

We are doing **** all and everyone knows it.
Didn't we get a loan quite recently using the promise of one of the upcoming Fofana instalments? My assumption was that they did this so they could use it in the January window. Otherwise what would be the point of taking out a loan when there's money incoming soon anyway (March I think)?

No, no, no. You must believe every press release, anywhere, ever. We were definitely in for him but then we couldn't find the pennies down the back of the sofa so we definitely won't sign anyone at all in the next two days, weeks or years.
You aren’t wrong but based on recent years I’ve no idea where your optimism comes from.

Reading the article on the BBC about Chelsea’s spending and not being in breach of any FFP rules, it appears that if you sign a player the amount paid is spread over the length of the players contract but any players sold the money goes straight into the books regardless of how the deal is structured.

Reading the article on the BBC about Chelsea’s spending and not being in breach of any FFP rules, it appears that if you sign a player the amount paid is spread over the length of the players contract but any players sold the money goes straight into the books regardless of how the deal is structured.
This appears to be Chelsea's new model of signing players now maybe other clubs are taking this approach?

I don't understand how you can say you've got the money when you actually haven't. Sort of like crypto, all make believe.

I would have assumed this is standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570