Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Better hope big Wilf makes a miraculous recovery. Obviously not terminal for our chances this season but I can’t imagine Maresca will be impressed with the noises he’s been making.
He should really get on with it now, but I imagine in the long term he will be thinking long and hard about the infrastructure and leadership at the club.

Good job we have a nice cushion at the moment as all the teams around us have strengthened their squads well.

A few injuries to the likes of Winks, KDH or either of the wingers and we start to look bang average.

Any player out of contract in the summer has to be allowed to leave as our finances need a complete reset.

Is now a good time to say that I think this is for the best?

We didn't need him. He's horribly injury prone and we clearly cannot afford to recruit.

Maybe the whole facade was purely designed to make our manager think that we were trying to do as he'd requested?

Wouldn't be the first time.

It's beyond belief that we cannot spend a poxy 2 million quid. We must be on the verge of bankruptcy.

FFP is not about whether we can afford it. It's based on football income and spending, which means the owners might be willing to put money towards new players but can't.

It's a lack of imagination. Why can't we invent another betting company to sponsor us for a few mill?

At least we managed to hang on to Dennis Praet, so not as bad an evening as some would have you think

Of course, another factor this month is that the main movers and shakers have been in Bangkok for Top's wedding.

Rudkin had a key role as the groom's ring piece polisher. You can't be doing transfers too.

I was really hoping this window would be a bit of a “get right” squad wise.

Move a few of Souttar, Nacho, Praet, Ward, Marcal or Daka either permanently or more realistically on loan.

Possibly get Ndidi on an extension and add one or two to the squad as we prepare for promotion.

Instead we got Smithees to retire, Iversen out, lost Casadei…none of which appears to have solved our FFP situation which is pretty sobering to be honest.

All that and royally pissed off our miracle-working manager.

Make no mistake, shit window, again.

Think we have enough to see it through without too much bother, but we might be proper ****ed long-term.

It's been a better January transfer window than the last one at least. Most of the players we're trying to shift will be here until their contracts expire as the only club stupid enough to pay for them is us.

A complete non event.

Couldn't get one player over the line & all the space wasting dross is still here. All overseen by the same inept wankers that put us in this position in the first place, then after an investigative internal process, exonerated themselves of any blame.

In any other industry the ****s would have been out the door.

We also look like a ****ing sunday league club who can't pay their pitch subs for braunstone park in the eyes of the world. What do you actually have to do at this ****ing club to get your useless ****ing arse kicked out ?

I’d rather we won the league with the squad we have (which we will) than break FFP rules and have a 10 point penalty next season.
Don’t FFP rules apply differently in the PL? So you can break em in the championship hut if you don’t go up you’re goosed?

Rudkin is a useless **** and not qualified for the role.

I wonder why we couldn't get any of the shit out of the door......

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663