Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Sell, sell, sell.

He was dreadful in the PL last season and I wouldn't want to rely on him again there.

To be fair, he's been much better this season than I expected and his goal contribution needs to be replaced.

I think people are delusional. We have to sell and trade a huge amount over the next few months to rebuild a squad capable of doing okay in the PL. That means everyone should be for sale.

EM has made it very clear that we have to sell to buy and we clearly cannot sell the dross. So what does that leave?

I keep saying that FFP is going to kill us so we may well need to sell given the punishment we may face.

I want Fatawu and Doyle to be made permanent signings. I then want us to add more. To do that, we have to sell some players that have a value.

Selling Dewsbury-Hall makes good sense.
Who wasn’t dreadful ( for us ) in the premier league last season?

KDH seems to have more drive in central midfield than anyone else
He contributes with goals and assists

Sure, he makes mistakes, chooses the wrong options, but if he didn’t , he wouldn’t be playing for us

KDH seems to have more drive in central midfield than anyone else
He contributes with goals and assists

Sure, he makes mistakes, chooses the wrong options, but if he didn’t , he wouldn’t be playing for us
No, he’d be playing for Brighton

If we can replace him for £2million I'd be tempted to sell. Is he good enough for the premier league, I'm not sure.

Madness at this stage to sell KDH. Whether he is good enough for the premier league or not is something to worry about if we get there. Sell him now and we increase the chance of falling short.

You’ve got to factor in whether he wants to stay or not. I don’t think it’s speculation to say that he’s looked a bit pissed off recently. At this stage of his career he’ll be thinking about taking the next step, unfortunately we’re a very long way away from top half of the Prem, European football and England call ups right now.

You’ve got to factor in whether he wants to stay or not. I don’t think it’s speculation to say that he’s looked a bit pissed off recently. At this stage of his career he’ll be thinking about taking the next step, unfortunately we’re a very long way away from top half of the Prem, European football and England call ups right now.

So is he

Who wasn’t dreadful ( for us ) in the premier league last season?
You’re wasting typing it. The same shit gets trawled out time and time and time again.

“Player was awful last season, blah, blah, blah”.

Some people just can’t see (or are not looking) at what is in front of their eyes THIS season.

Utterly ****ing bonkers. He's absolutely key to us continuing to win games and we simply will not be able to replace his quality whilst we are in this league. He's always been monstrously underrated on here by some but to suggest we should sell him now for £30m or less is wibble, even for them.

We have literally seen what happens to us when one of KDH or Ndidi are missing. With both of them out of the picture we are a ****ing shambles. The usual suspects bang on about our massive squad etc but it just isn't that great and we would drop like a stone pretty quickly without those two.

A trip back to the PL is, financially, much, much better than the paltry sum we'd get for KDH now. It makes zero sense whatsoever to risk that.

You’re wasting typing it. The same shit gets trawled out time and time and time again.

“Player was awful last season, blah, blah, blah”.

Some people just can’t see (or are not looking) at what is in front of their eyes THIS season.
Also, they seem to be forgetting how fantastic he had been for us before last season in the PL. Like I say, monstrously underrated.

If we can replace him for £2million I'd be tempted to sell. Is he good enough for the premier league, I'm not sure.
Although to be fair he’s hardly played a game for Chelsea since he joined them.

As I said, people are delusional. Living in cloud cuckoo land where everything is fine and dandy and we can sign who we want and keep who we want. FM24 drivel.

Let me set out the basic figures. Before the horror of last season, our losses for the previous two years totalled £123.7m. That's what we are carrying for FFP/Profit and Sustainability right now.

That's without the loss of UEFA income, a massive drop off in prize money/TV money and the cost of sacking Rodgers and clan in 22/23. We made a substantial profit on transfers last season with the sales of Fofana and Maddison that will save our accounts looking especially horrific, but they will show another large loss.

Remember that we were financially fecked BEFORE getting relegated. That's why the mess happened where we were desperately trying to sell and couldn't buy. Or have you erased that from your memories?

And then I can only shudder at how enormous our losses will be for the year 23/24. Everything about our spending is PL. Except we're not in it.

So here we are. We are short in midfield and EM wants to add. We can sign Sensi to play in the same position as Dewsbury-Hall and we can still add others, especially as we have two loans now available.

Selling one player to strengthen is what any club in our position should be doing. We cannot control who that player to be sold is. That's entirely down to who someone else is prepared to buy. Has everyone also conveniently ignored the fact that the arse has fallen out of the transfer market in the PL too? FFP has crippled just about every club. If we find ANY club with money to spend on ANY City player, we have to entertain it.

That's the cost of relegation. That's the cost of financial mismanagement for the two years prior to relegation.

As I said, people are delusional. Living in cloud cuckoo land where everything is fine and dandy and we can sign who we want and keep who we want. FM24 drivel.

Let me set out the basic figures. Before the horror of last season, our losses for the previous two years totalled £123.7m. That's what we are carrying for FFP/Profit and Sustainability right now.

That's without the loss of UEFA income, a massive drop off in prize money/TV money and the cost of sacking Rodgers and clan in 22/23. We made a substantial profit on transfers last season with the sales of Fofana and Maddison that will save our accounts looking especially horrific, but they will show another large loss.

Remember that we were financially fecked BEFORE getting relegated. That's why the mess happened where we were desperately trying to sell and couldn't buy. Or have you erased that from your memories?

And then I can only shudder at how enormous our losses will be for the year 23/24. Everything about our spending is PL. Except we're not in it.

So here we are. We are short in midfield and EM wants to add. We can sign Sensi to play in the same position as Dewsbury-Hall and we can still add others, especially as we have two loans now available.

Selling one player to strengthen is what any club in our position should be doing. We cannot control who that player to be sold is. That's entirely down to who someone else is prepared to buy. Has everyone also conveniently ignored the fact that the arse has fallen out of the transfer market in the PL too? FFP has crippled just about every club. If we find ANY club with money to spend on ANY City player, we have to entertain it.

That's the cost of relegation. That's the cost of financial mismanagement for the two years prior to relegation.
Yes I have to agree, selling (arguably) your best player is always viewed as strengthening isn’t it?

As I understand it you can only lose (about, I’ve not looked it up) £115 million over three seasons.

If we were at £123 million after season two it can’t be beyond the realms of possibility that with sales (around £80 million) that we are about net zero if we lost half of what we did over the past two seasons.

£123 million plus £62 million minus £80 million gives £105 million?

Any pay offs for **** chops and his mates would surely be atomised over the remainder of his contract?

There’s no point pissing your pants about it and selling your best player and risking promotion further and then adding to your financial decline? That would be FM24 drivel wouldn’t it?

Yes I have to agree, selling (arguably) your best player is always viewed as strengthening isn’t it?

It depends. Obviously.

You view Dewsbury-Hall in higher regard than I do. That's fine. As I said, he's done a lot better this season than I ever expected. However, my most recent memory of him was his constant dumb decision making in possession against Ipswich. So much broke down through him because he hasn't got a 'passing brain'. That's something EM hides very effectively in ze system.

From my perspective we can have, for example, Fatawu, Doyle and Sensi for one Dewsbury-Hall. I think that's strengthening.

It depends. Obviously.

You view Dewsbury-Hall in higher regard than I do. That's fine. As I said, he's done a lot better this season than I ever expected. However, my most recent memory of him was his constant dumb decision making in possession against Ipswich. So much broke down through him because he hasn't got a 'passing brain'. That's something EM hides very effectively in ze system.

From my perspective we can have, for example, Fatawu, Doyle and Sensi for one Dewsbury-Hall. I think that's strengthening.
So you would sell your playmaker (ignoring Fatawu and Doyle both of which are inferior to KDH in the position KDH plays) and replace him with Sensi who we haven’t signed yet, let alone seen him kick a ball?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463