Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

I listened to his post match interview on when your smiling and thought his comments where quite measured. If he was pissed off it was probably with the press as they keep asking him who is leaving and who is coming in and he has to keep answering time after time stating they have to ship out before they ship in. Surely this is the correct approach to comply with FFP.

Imagine just for a minute, imagine if a set of utterly inept entitled knobs who think they know what they’re talking about led to the demise of a manager who is smashing the shit out of his brief to get us out of this league. Imagine that.
Ah the classic name calling.

Imagine just for a minute, imagine if a set of utterly inept entitled knobs who think they know what they’re talking about led to the demise of a manager who is smashing the shit out of his brief to get us out of this league. Imagine that.

Yup

Ignorant, impatient, intolerant, entitled wankers, the lot of 'em

I listened to his post match interview on when your smiling and thought his comments where quite measured. If he was pissed off it was probably with the press as they keep asking him who is leaving and who is coming in and he has to keep answering time after time stating they have to ship out before they ship in. Surely this is the correct approach to comply with FFP.

I heard that too. Unless there is some other interview, his comments seemed fine to me.

Would be absolute madness.

I've openly admitted I'm not finding this season all that exciting, and I'm definitely guilty of taking the wins for granted by now. But it doesn't mean I think it's an easy task, or that I question Enzo.

The brief for this season is to rebuild a broken squad and get promoted by any means necessary. Enzo will achieve that at a canter.

Would be absolute madness.

I've openly admitted I'm not finding this season all that exciting, and I'm definitely guilty of taking the wins for granted by now. But it doesn't mean I think it's an easy task, or that I question Enzo.

The brief for this season is to rebuild a broken squad and get promoted by any means necessary. Enzo will achieve that at a canter.
Yep, the man's doing a great job. Doesn't mean every game is a fascinating watch.

Ginsters make great pasties. Doesn't mean I'm going to have one instead of soup.

We have just been relegated which has completely slashed our revenue.

He has had a lot of money to spend on some decent players in the summer.

We have by far the best squad of players in Championship history.

And yet he’s still being a moany little ****.
I wouldn't like to be in your shoes if people like you force him out.

From The Athletic

There was satisfaction for Enzo Maresca as his Leicester City side moved 10 points clear at the top of the Championship after recording their 22nd win from 29 league games.

But there was also more than a hint of frustration.

With such a commanding lead in the table and progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup, where they will test themselves against Premier League opposition in Bournemouth, the King Power Stadium should be awash with the feel-good factor.

As Maresca’s side patiently put away struggling Swansea City, there was the occasional murmuring of frustration from some in the crowd that Leicester weren’t playing faster or more direct. It seemed to irk Maresca.

When asked about man-of-the-moment Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and the buzz that reverberates around the stadium whenever he gets the ball in space and charges towards the opposition’s defence, Maresca replied: “You can feel the fans, but also when they’re not happy. Probably some people take some things for granted. But it’s not like this. Twenty-six wins out of 34 (in all competitions), it’s something unbelievable.

“Probably when you win, win, win at home, and you continue to win, people think it’s easy. But it’s not easy.

“I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after, I will leave. It’s so clear. No doubts.

“We have won 26 of 34, a huge number. If people think it’s easy and take it for granted, it’s not like this. Huge respect for the players and the effort they are making. Hopefully, we can give our fans the right joy at the end of the season.”

Maresca is not afraid to show his emotions and his vow to quit if he feels he lacks support may just have been a heat-of-the-moment comment after hearing some groans from the crowd. But there is no doubt he is fully committed to his idea.

Maresca is passionate about how he wants his side to play, demanding they dominate the ball and move the opposition around to open spaces for their attacking players, with hallmarks of Pep Guardiola’s approach at Manchester City.

His frustration may also be impacted by the impending closure of the transfer window. At the very least, he wanted another midfielder after Chelsea recalled loanee Cesare Casadei and Wilfred Ndidi suffered an injury.

Leicester have been heavily linked with a deal for Inter Milan’s Italy international Stefano Sensi, a midfielder Maresca admires, but the manager was adamant that the situation remains the same: before he can recruit, he must sell.

Maresca: Leicester head coach's story - and why players say he's 'worth' risk

“No, because we can’t do anything,” he said when asked if he was expecting any business before the deadline on Thursday. “The only way to do something is to sell players. If we sell players, we can do something. At the moment, we have all the squad here, and we are happy.

The concerns over breaching profit and sustainability rules have forced the club to pause transfer spending again and even entertain the idea of sanctioning a mid-season sale of their biggest asset: Dewsbury-Hall.

There appears to be no great progress in talks with Brighton & Hove Albion, who were thrashed 4-0 at Luton Town on the same night as Leicester’s 3-1 victory over Swansea. Once again, Dewsbury-Hall was the star, taking his tally to 10 goals in 32 appearances this season and joining Stephy Mavididi at the top of the club’s goalscoring charts.

The very suggestion of selling Dewsbury-Hall caused a huge stir among the fanbase. After all, he is one of their own, a local boy who has come through the ranks and gives his all for the cause. The club has had to return to its model of selling one asset every summer, and they sold James Maddison and Harvey Barnes after relegation, but to lose Dewsbury-Hall mid-season would be a blow.

Maresca: 'It was time to rebuild Leicester and restore reminders of Ranieri's success'

The 25-year-old spoke earlier iny the season about his desire to be the key man, to lead from the front, to help put right the shock of relegation. He has been true to his word.

As well as his goals, he adds energy to Leicester’s attacks, industry to their defending and provides infectious enthusiasm. Whenever he receives possession and immediately turns to attack, a roar rises from the supporters. He is robust too, starting 26 of Leicester’s 29 Championship games this season.

To lose that now, regardless of the money it would bring in, would be the ultimate frustration.

“Tonight he showed how he takes care of his club,” Maresca said. “He’s scored already 10 goals for the first time in his career. This kind of thing, people don’t give the right importance to, and it’s not a good thing.

“He showed tonight how he’s in love with the club, how he’s in love with Leicester.

“Now if something happens, I don’t know. I don’t want Kiernan to go. Ask the club if we need to sell or not.”

Dewsbury-Hall is not the finished article but in the three seasons that he has been a first-team regular for Leicester, he has shown his willingness to learn and develop; a quality Maresca must cherish as he establishes his idea with Leicester.

No wonder there are so many admirers in the Premier League, and not just at Brighton.

These next couple of days could be a huge moment in the season. Those frustrations among a few fans and the manager can’t be allowed to threaten what is turning out to be an astonishing effort to dominate the Championship and return to the Premier League, where Maresca’s idea could evolve again.

Dewsbury-Hall could play a prominent part once more.

Have to say that the level of name calling on here at some expressing that they’re not enjoying the style of football a whole lot, just because it’s different to their opinion, is completely ****ing pathetic.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463