Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

You're allowed more losses in PL seasons but previous years in the Championship will still be considered, hence why Forest are potentially in trouble - their 3 year losses are much lower than Evertons but as 2 of the seasons were in the Championship, their permitted losses are lower. You can't really do what us and QPR did 10 or so years ago anymore.

I believe that is all a bit of a moot point anyway as it is actually Uefas FFP that we are most at risk of failing - I'd assume that the owners will be looking to either sell completely, or a large share, when we get promoted and having a Eufa ban waiting for us if we ever get to those heights again would put off a lot of potential buyers/investors.

Our costs are absolutely astronomical for this league, Vardy will be on more himself than half of the starting 11s we face in this league, so the owners have obviously made it clear that we cannot have any net increase in expenditure.

Roll on the summer when we can have another good reset and get 8 big wages of the books.

KDH will go in the summer whatever happens, his sale would be a huge boost to the finances with him being a home grown player and pure profit on the books - if we go up it will allow us to spend more and if we stay down, it will mean we can spend something.

It’s a weird system. The likes of Man City can spend what they like without sanction. The rest of us must stay in our place.

It’s a weird system. The likes of Man City can spend what they like without sanction. The rest of us must stay in our place.

It's not weird its expected, in all walks of like where there is money.

Politics is no different

Corrupt nonsense

They have huge revenues on their books though, whether they are legit revenues or not is another thing though.

They still have the most charges to be heard too so it's not certain they will avoid sanction.

Chelsea are trying to be creative but without success on the pitch to bring in the high revenues required, they are either going to have to sell numerous home grown players each year to try and ballance the books, or they are just ****ed financially for the next 5+ years as they have prespent their budgets already.

By doing the long contracts thing, they have essentially got £100m, or possibly more, of transfer spend to balance every year for the next 5+ years, plus a load of players that aren't performing to anywhere near the levels they are being paid for.

As we have seen here, no one will take them for more than they currently get and the club doesn't want to take a big loss on the books either so you are left with players who don't give a shit, and get paid too much.

Chelsea may be OK for now, but it will catch up with them, and pretty sharpish without the money being in the CL would bring in.

KDH will go in the summer whatever happens, his sale would be a huge boost to the finances with him being a home grown player and pure profit on the books - if we go up it will allow us to spend more and if we stay down, it will mean we can spend something.

This is a crucial point. Due to the mess we've got ourselves into, we will have to sell to buy for the foreseeable future.

We've very quickly run down our saleable assets and Dewsbury-Hall appears to be just about the only option to sell. It's why selling him in January was something we would have had to do if Brighton had offered us a good enough deal.

Remember that we're committed to buying Fatawu and Akgun on getting promotion so we'll need to sell to just stand still.

Next season is going to be incredibly tough to navigate. One of my concerns with EM is how flaky he's already being about this sort of thing. Surely he did his homework on us before accepting the job?

I don’t think it is just us that have been careful this transfer window. Not nearly as many transfers as usual and teams looking to offload players rather than bring in players…

FFP seems to be finally hitting clubs and the points deduction on Everton has certainly scared everyone.

Whether it will curtail the huge transfers long-term is yet to be seen. However, I think it will mean that it will be even more difficult to get rid of players on inflated wages - which is basically our entire squad.

I am not surprised that overpaid players have declined to move. I am surprised that after what must have been a huge positive in terms of sales versus purchases in the summer, we couldn't afford a £2m new player.

I am disgusted that, again, the manager has not been kept up to date with the situation surrounding potential transfers. I firmly believe that, rightly or wrongly, Brendan Rodgers' team lost impetus because purchases that he had assumed would be coming didn't. Enzo Maresca is already feeling 'got at' by supporters: if he follows BR's example, we could still blow promotion and, even if he doesn't, was KDH were to pick up a serious injury, we would be well and truly in the proverbial.

How would everyone have liked us to move players out when:

A) No ****er wants them because they're mostly shit.

B) The contracted players are choosing not to go because they are getting very well paid here.

C) FFP is causing the market to dip hugely, so far fewer players are being traded.

Yes, we got ourselves into this mess, buying and contracting dross but getting out of it really isn't as easy as 'let's get rid'.

All this also calls into question the spuriously planted story from the summer that most of the players had clauses reducing their salaries after relegation.

Very few did. Hence why plenty remain happy to collect their fortune and luxuriate at Seagrave instead of moving on.

Who’s out of contract at the end of the season? I know Vardy and Ndidi are, but just wondered if there are more?

We used to have a thread for this but I don’t think it has been used (and therefore updated) for a fair while.

Who’s out of contract at the end of the season? I know Vardy and Ndidi are, but just wondered if there are more?

We used to have a thread for this but I don’t think it has been used (and therefore updated) for a fair while.

Main ones are Iheanacho, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Ndidi, Vardy and Praet.

Almost half a million a week there.

B) The contracted players are choosing not to go because they are getting very well paid here.

C) FFP is causing the market to dip hugely, so far fewer players are being traded.

Yes, we got ourselves into this mess, buying and contracting dross but getting out of it really isn't as easy as 'let's get rid'.

Yep. We still have the problem of being unable to sell our crap but unlike the last winter transfer window we've avoided adding more of it. While we're still amortising the shit we're likely to be better off keeping them rather than giving them away for free before contracts are up.

Main ones are Iheanacho, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Ndidi, Vardy and Praet.

Almost half a million a week there.
Please be Danny Ward too as he'll be on a fair whack considering he came from Liverpool and joined us at the right time, from a giving away mental contracts point of view.

Big Jan as well I believe and 1 more??

Personally, I'd let every single one of them leave, maybe try and keep Wilf if we go up but the big reset is massively needed.

Please be Danny Ward too as he'll be on a fair whack considering he came from Liverpool and joined us at the right time, from a giving away mental contracts point of view.

Big Jan as well I believe and 1 more??

Personally, I'd let every single one of them leave, maybe try and keep Wilf if we go up but the big reset is massively needed.
Yeah agree. Let them all go. Ndidi the only one I'd offer a contract too. But he'll want more than we can offer. ( I hope )

A restaurant trying to sell frozen pizzas for £30 a go because we paid £25 for the ****ers and keep them in a top of the range Smeg freezer that uses a **** ton of electricity to keep running......

The person who created this complete mess led a review into how we got into it

So everything will be fine

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566