The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Newcastle,Everton and Crystal Palace are interested in 22-year-old English midfielder Kasey McAteer, who is about to enter the final year of his contract at Leicester City. (Football Insider)

Newcastle,Everton and Crystal Palace are interested in 22-year-old English midfielder Kasey McAteer, who is about to enter the final year of his contract at Leicester City. (Football Insider)

Someone's agent trying to get him a decent renewal.

Hope we keep him though - I think he could be decent. He is older than I realised though.

Someone's agent trying to get him a decent renewal.

Hope we keep him though - I think he could be decent. He is older than I realised though.

He needs a better agent then. That rumour doesn't seem even slightly believable.

He needs a better agent then. That rumour doesn't seem even slightly believable.
I think he's the kind of winger who would appeal to Mr Roy, but he's not at Palace anymore. Maybe the agent just needs to update his newsfeeds

I wonder if he should’ve just be playing as a centre forward rather than a winger.

Leicester are set to compete with French sides Lyon and Brest for Burkina Faso forward Mohamed Konate, 26, who is out of contract with Russian club Akhmat Grozny this summer. (Football Insider)

Leicester are set to compete with French sides Lyon and Brest for Burkina Faso forward Mohamed Konate, 26, who is out of contract with Russian club Akhmat Grozny this summer. (Football Insider)
Not a star or a coup to be seen, must be decent.

Stoke have expressed an interest in signing England defender Conor Coady, 31, from Leicester. (Teamtalk)

"Leicester are happy with the defender’s contributions up to now but there is a feeling that he isn’t part of their plans next season."

"Several Championship sides are interested in signing Coady on loan but the feeling is that Stoke are leading the race at this stage.

He’s under contract until 2026 and earns a reported £75,000 per week with Leicester. Stoke will look to convince the Foxes to continue paying some of that as part of the agreement
."

Stoke have expressed an interest in signing England defender Conor Coady, 31, from Leicester. (Teamtalk)

"Leicester are happy with the defender’s contributions up to now but there is a feeling that he isn’t part of their plans next season."

"Several Championship sides are interested in signing Coady on loan but the feeling is that Stoke are leading the race at this stage.

He’s under contract until 2026 and earns a reported £75,000 per week with Leicester. Stoke will look to convince the Foxes to continue paying some of that as part of the agreement
."

I mean, if it's true we signed a player in the close season (whilst in the championship) and paid him £75k a week whilst he couldn't get into either a Wolves or Everton side just months before, then we deserve to have the Financial Fair Play rule book thrown firmly in our faces.

I mean, if it's true we signed a player in the close season (whilst in the championship) and paid him £75k a week whilst he couldn't get into either a Wolves or Everton side just months before, then we deserve to have the Financial Fair Play rule book thrown firmly in our faces.
Absurd number

I think it's more likely that he was paid less for his first year with us but his contract included a pay increase as a result of promotion.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663