The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Wait, what? We're paying them £4m while selling a player to them for £30m?

Surely get it as part of the transfer for KDH
We sell a home grown player for 30m and buy a youngster for 4m on a 4 year contract. Subject to amortisation and depreciation regulations, plus the possibility of different regs applying to young players, that looks like a 29m bottom line positive to me.

Maybe we owe Enzo a pie and a pint for that one.

Chelsea know we desperately need to sell to avoid FFP penalties, so no surprise they’re taking the piss.

Our one valuable asset has now gone. We’ve literally got no one else of any real value to sell now, so hope that’s enough.

Sell up, Top.

Chelsea know we desperately need to sell to avoid FFP penalties, so no surprise they’re taking the piss.

Our one valuable asset has now gone. We’ve literally got no one else of any real value to sell now, so hope that’s enough.

Sell up, Top.
To who?

Shall we have the ‘not a pot to piss in’ consortium again. Anyone got Tim Davies’ number?

Christ this is even worse than the “ok if you want our manager to be sacked, who are you getting to replace him with?” question.
Is it? In what way? How many billionaire philanthropists do you know who buy football clubs and actually do anything good with them?

Our owners have presided over the greatest success we have ever had. Yes, we’ve ****ed it financially gambling on consistent European football, but that moment will pass. We just have to learn to dance in the rain for a bit rather than shit ourselves because of the storm.

This isn’t remotely in the same league as some dope suggesting Sam Alledyce or a disc beard with too much bass in his voice as the next manager. Not remotely.

Is it? In what way? How many billionaire philanthropists do you know who buy football clubs and actually do anything good with them?
Exactly why they shouldn't own football clubs.

51% supporter owned at least.

I would take KP gifting the club to the fans and watching us in league 2 over the current anti fan situation.

I like KDH, cuz he's Lestah, and got a cool song, and had a great last season, so I will miss him..... but, would we have have got £30m last season 22/23....would we get that for him by Christmas?

There are loads of ways, financially that this could be an excellent move for us given the PSR deadline. From a playing perspective, this could also be great for us. Knowing nothing about each figure other than press outlet guesses, or how that figure is made up in terms of structured payments, or how good this fella is (many Chelsea fans are positively fuming into their Audi Q2s about losing him at such a low cost,) it's a little premature to be reeling off the same old 'aren't we shit, Top should sell, King Power have ****ed us, the management are clueless' tropes just yet.

**** sake, someone open a window. The smell of pissy, shit stained sheets is eye watering.

I like KDH, cuz he's Lestah, and got a cool song, and had a great last season, so I will miss him..... but, would we have have got £30m last season 22/23....would we get that for him by Christmas?
Of course we ****ing wouldn't. It's a very good chunk of cash for a good player albeit one who won't feature that much for them.

Exactly why they shouldn't own football clubs.

51% supporter owned at least.

I would take KP gifting the club to the fans and watching us in league 2 over the current anti fan situation.
This is the real rub. It isn't about our owners, it is the whole smelly structure of football ownership and what is allowed to happen. It all needs rebuilding but the chase for money won't allow that to happen.

There are loads of ways, financially that this could be an excellent move for us given the PSR deadline. From a playing perspective, this could also be great for us. Knowing nothing about each figure other than press outlet guesses, or how that figure is made up in terms of structured payments, or how good this fella is (many Chelsea fans are positively fuming into their Audi Q2s about losing him at such a low cost,) it's a little premature to be reeling off the same old 'aren't we shit, Top should sell, King Power have ****ed us, the management are clueless' tropes just yet.

**** sake, someone open a window. The smell of pissy, shit stained sheets is eye watering.

If he's as good as Chelsea fans say he is then all's good. There's been a few players from their youth academy over the years who have been talked up ridiculously just to turn out to be absolutely shite though. Weird bunch them Chelsea ****s, can't be trusted.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00