The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

You can't replace him

Luckily our current style makes it easier to find someone who can play in the system but sure as **** can't replace Vardy

You can't replace him

Luckily our current style makes it easier to find someone who can play in the system but sure as **** can't replace Vardy
I think we could replace the goals but not the influence he has around the squad, I wonder what his post playing plans are, he should have a job for life ala Birch

He's been offside 12 times in the league this season. He's in second place in the PL behind Chris Wood, who has been offside 14 times.
Last season he finished third in the PL offsides table, with 37. Behind Wood (53), and Glenn Murray (38)
The season we won the league he was only offside 26 times, 10th in the league.

This I did not expect. Perhaps I need to pay more attention :020:

I wouldn't expect anything different though as he's quite often on the shoulder of the defenders.

How on earth are we going to replace him? We've probably got 18 months left before we'll need to.
Didn't somebody say that 18 months ago?

We've got Nacho to take over - nothing to worry about.

I think this will be the most difficult and important transfer task we've ever had.

Do we try to find someone with the same style of play? But will that person be a natural finisher like him? Will they work as hard? Will they be as loyal?

He's so versatile. Counter attack at first but he has developed his game into so much more. He is superb. Even without the pace he'd be so deadly because of his positioning, vision and runs.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time he was offside.
He’s not a natural finisher, I know that because Michael Owen said so.

He’s got at least another 3 seasons in him, he has adapted his game to suit different managers requirements and he will adapt his game again if and when he loses a yard of pace.

Pessimistic ****ers, you lot.

he is becoming a better finisher the older he gets, he may lose his starting place eventually but he could be a great sub to have for many years if he wants that

I think we have another 3 seasons of Vardy.

Unlike a lot of players he wasn't playing at the top level from early on in his career. Most good young players have played 100 games before there 21.

Do you think that matters?

I mean I see why it's something that is said. Basically on the basis that the PL takes a toll physically more than lower leagues. But is that really true? I guess only Vardy knows the answer.

I would've thought that with less state-of-the-art equipment at lower leagues it would take more of a toll on the body because of the quality of everything. For example something like a cryotherapy chamber or quality of the medical team, nutritionists, the fact that everything is done for the players.

Do you think that matters?

I mean I see why it's something that is said. Basically on the basis that the PL takes a toll physically more than lower leagues. But is that really true? I guess only Vardy knows the answer.

I would've thought that with less state-of-the-art equipment at lower leagues it would take more of a toll on the body because of the quality of everything. For example something like a cryotherapy chamber or quality of the medical team, nutritionists, the fact that everything is done for the players.
its the amount of games, Rooney was done by Vardy's age duie to the amount of games he had played, Vardy will slow down inevitably but he won't drop off a cliff

Rooney was a regular since 16. But that's just a single example. That could been specific just to him. Also I reckon that Rooney is still able to play, he's just shit now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463