The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

I still get the feeling something is not right with Vardy. Despite what Cambers said, his first touch which used to be excellent is letting him down. There was that incident yesterday as well when he tried that shot from near the half way line when he had an empty pitch to run into.

That being said he still contributes a lot, particlularly in the case on Nacho who wouldn't be in the goal scoring form he's in if it wasn't for Vardy.

Nah, imho, he has lost a bit of something in that he's not quite the same player he was. That's not a criticism, he still contributes and is worthy of a place, for all the things many here have already said. Whether a summer's rest will see him return to the player we know, well, that's another question. Wait and see is the only answer I can suggest to that.

I still get the feeling something is not right with Vardy. Despite what Cambers said, his first touch which used to be excellent is letting him down. There was that incident yesterday as well when he tried that shot from near the half way line when he had an empty pitch to run into.

That being said he still contributes a lot, particlularly in the case on Nacho who wouldn't be in the goal scoring form he's in if it wasn't for Vardy.
I think this was a play to the whistle issue. Like everyone else in the world I reckon Vardy thought it had gone out so he may as well lump it anyway

Done to death, but this remains one of my favorite games ever. Vardy really announced himself here and I never get tired of watching it. Van Gaal's face when the 5th one goes in is priceless. All the pain and misery of the countless years before were paid off for me here.

Losing this from my Sky box is one of the reasons I haven’t upgraded to Sky Q.

(that and the 9-0, all the highlight programmes of THAT year and loads of MOTD from that time).

Done to death, but this remains one of my favorite games ever. Vardy really announced himself here and I never get tired of watching it. Van Gaal's face when the 5th one goes in is priceless. All the pain and misery of the countless years before were paid off for me here.

I believe this was the first time in something like 30 years that they’d gone two up and lost.

I once called him a pub player. I would now call him our greatest player of all time. Quite a transformation.
Yeah Dean Hammond really pulled the strings for us that day.

I'm surprised that some pedant hasn't pointed out that this is not every round. No mention of him ever having played in an extra preliminary round game

God I would love a goal for this man tomorrow.

I'll take a win in anyway its given, but it would be perfect if Vardy scores.
Exactly what I was about to post Graz.
Even if we lose, I would love it for Jamie to get a Cup Final goal.
But if that comes with Kasper lifting the trophy and Wes in full kit at the team photo, what a coda to the 2016 season.

Yet another distraction for a player who hasn't been good enough for a good while.

Just what we need

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756