The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Chat shit get your phone seized…

Wagatha Christie: Jamie Vardy's phone may be analysed in libel case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58093015
Jesus Christ.

If they weren't married to footballers all this would've been settled with a Bacardi Breezer bottle to the head 2 years ago & they'd both be off their electronic tags by now.

Chavtastic.

Lost to Aguero but beat Sanchez and Hazard in the group stage

Vardy scored his first goal for City 9 years ago today. Away to Torquay in the LC.

He was playing up front alongside Jermaine Beckford. Weird that their two paths crossed as Beckford feels like he was from a very different era.

Anyway, Vardy has only picked up one yellow card since there were no crowds at matches and that was away to Sheff Utd where his motivation as a Sheff Wed fan was obvious.

He scored 19 goals in 51 games without crowds which doesn't sound too bad. But 7 of those were penalties and I can remember at least 3 that were open goals. I think we can all agree that he's not really been his old self very often over the last 18 months. He's missed a lot of chances that he doesn't miss.

We know he likes to interact with opposing supporters. We know he loves to be the pantomine villian. We know he's at his best when he is on the edge of being overly aggressive.

Is his decline in performance due to age/injury or is it due to there being no supporters? I fear that it's the former but I hope it's the latter. Maybe this afternoon, the Wolves fans will do us all a favour and have a right go at him. Then we'll know.

God, I've bloody missed Vardy celebrating in front of away fans.

I can't wait for them to start singing about his missus. Maybe we need to start planting one of ours in the away end to start the chants against Vardy

God, I've bloody missed Vardy celebrating in front of away fans.

I can't wait for them to start singing about his missus. Maybe we need to start planting one of ours in the away end to start the chants against Vardy

He obviously looked forward to it as well.

Wasn’t that said a few years ago in response to the offer from Arsenal?

He's really not finished is he?

Kane is still shorter odds to be top scorer this season too.

If he stays fit(ish) and his team mates actually start creating more chances for him, I don't see any reason why he can't get 20+ again this year.

He's scored 5 with absolutely **** all service.

He's converting his chances

He's scored 5 with absolutely **** all service.

He's converting his chances
Two beautifully taken goals on saturday, loved how he took his first one early knowing that Pope is too big to down there.

Kane is still shorter odds to be top scorer this season too.

If he stays fit(ish) and his team mates actually start creating more chances for him, I don't see any reason why he can't get 20+ again this year.
Agree - I think he is already the oldest winner of the PL Golden Boot award, would be fantastic to see him get another!

10th on the all time premier league is Owen with 150. Vardy needs 28 to better that. Think he's got a fair chance of beating that over the next 2 seasons.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463