The joy of a last min goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

Last minute goals always bring joy and ecstasy - The obvious ones that stick out like Steve Claridge and Steve Walsh's at Wembley and also his effort against the Arse in that unforgettable 3-3 draw - Also Julians at the F****t against Portsmouth in the p/o semi final 1st leg - but yesterdays by Nils could be classed as the most momentous last minute goal in our history - oh what joy I was so excited I was actually hugging and kissing this bloke old bloke ( and i'm 53) behind me who I didn't know from Adam - whats your most memorable last minute effort and strangest reaction after a goal

whats your most memorable last minute effort and strangest reaction after a goal
I once got out of my chair and said "Yeah" at a last minute goal.

Seriously, my biggest "over" reaction was when David Platt scored against Belgium in the 1990 World Cup.

I was in a pub in Melton pissed as a fart, I threw my table sending pints everywhere, jumped up and down on the pool table, ran out of the pub knocking tables and beer as I went and then starting jumping up and down on cars in the street!!!!

Much to my surprise when I calmed down a tad there were about another 30 people doing exactly the same :biggrin:

I once got out of my chair and said "Yeah" at a last minute goal.

Seriously, my biggest "over" reaction was when David Platt scored against Belgium in the 1990 World Cup.

I was in a pub in Melton pissed as a fart, I threw my table sending pints everywhere, jumped up and down on the pool table, ran out of the pub knocking tables and beer as I went and then starting jumping up and down on cars in the street!!!!

Much to my surprise when I calmed down a tad there were about another 30 people doing exactly the same :biggrin:
:038: Makes me jumping around the lounge look awfully tame!

yesterday i managed to part the laminate flooring. a big hole :)

Last minute goals always bring joy and ecstasy - The obvious ones that stick out like Steve Claridge and Steve Walsh's at Wembley and also his effort against the Arse in that unforgettable 3-3 draw - Also Julians at the F****t against Portsmouth in the p/o semi final 1st leg - but yesterdays by Nils could be classed as the most momentous last minute goal in our history - oh what joy I was so excited I was actually hugging and kissing this bloke old bloke ( and i'm 53) behind me who I didn't know from Adam - whats your most memorable last minute effort and strangest reaction after a goal

At Wembley vs. Tranmere after Elliott's second goal this big sweaty fat guy beside me picked me up and hugged me for about 3 minutes!

I was only 12! :102:

Claridge's Play Off Final Winner,I set off out the house and did a lap of the garden

Steve Earle v Tottenham FA CUP 3rd round 1974

I was in pen 3. The kop surged forward, I ended up on the floor. Started to panic as I was about to be trampled on by thousands of ecstatic fans. Some lads manged to form a ring aroud me, keeping the fans back and giving me the chance to get up! I was about 17 - Scared me shitless at the time and I'll never forget that one.

Never got the chance to thank them.

Do you notice on the video of SC's goal at wembly that as the ball is going in the ref has his arm in the air - He's acknowledging the linesmans signal that full time is up. That has got to be the most last minute of last minute goals!

rooster russell against tranmere at home in the 91-92 season.

it was an awful game and loads of people left before full time. walsh hoofed a ball from the half way line, rooster got around the back and slotted home. delirium ensued.

it was an awful game and loads of people left before full time. walsh hoofed a ball from the half way line, rooster got around the back and slotted home. delirium ensued.

Me being one of them :icon_roll .
I was only 6.
My dad decided we should leave in the 89th minute to avoid traffic and get me to sleep because I was only little.

We were walking down Walnut Street when the ground erupted.

Me and my dad were jumping up and down in the streets along with a number of others who had left early.
It is one of my earliest memories of City.

A truly beautiful moment.........Good call SLJ.

The winning goal against the sheep in the playoffs. I saw the match on a little portable black and white tv. When the winner went in I did a lap of honour, running, shouting, jumping around the field we were camping in. That field was right in the heart of Derbyshire which made the moment all the sweeter.

Argh you beat me to it Davey! I also got embarrassingly excited about Merchandise Utds Champions League winner in 1999 but that was more of a national pride thing I suppose. Whoever said Platt against Belgium made a good call aswell...

Oh just thought of another - Richard Smith against Palace FAC 3rd round when we hadn't won an FAC game for about 7 years!

Sticks' against Portsmouth in the play off semi was a great football moment that kiboshed what I am sure would have been a great night with a girl I had been trying it on with for ages - she wasn't interested in football and was less than impressed at me doing a lap of honour of my stident bedsit... Nevermind

Can't even remember the game on telly, but punched the air in delight, only to connect with the current mrs Mk's head and kicked a half pint of red wine over the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566