The 'Lcfc' Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

A lot of posters on here directly blamed our very own Paul Mace for the whole Fiasco, even though it apparently wasn't his idea. However even if it was we could not bare all the blame on him, as Chealski also had to cancel their version of our concert. They had bacically all the same acts, but they were in London where 9 Million people live. So if they couldn't sell out well, with a much bigger fan base and a much larger catchment area - how were we supposed to?

It happens to even the best clubs.

Fox Fan said:
A lot of posters on here directly blamed our very own Paul Mace for the whole Fiasco, even though it apparently wasn't his idea. However even if it was we could not bare all the blame on him, as Chealski also had to cancel their version of our concert. They had bacically all the same acts, but they were in London where 9 Million people live. So if they couldn't sell out well, with a much bigger fan base and a much larger catchment area - how were we supposed to?

It happens to even the best clubs.

All that proves is that two clubs have chosen commercially unattractive acts. :roll:

the problem was both clubs chose acts who nobody wanted to go and see-they can fill small venues but not large ones. Football grounds are great locations for gigs when you have big bands on stage-coldplay are playing at the reebok this summer, Bon Jovi played at molineux, REM at forest :eek: Oasis at the City Of Manchester (i'll be there :mrgreen: ) . They should only try and put on a concert when they have an act big enough to fill the venue, not fecking darius and quo

The sales were poor, but one of the major factors in the cancellation was a third concert in aid of the Princes Trust falling through.

The set up costs for the concerts were then left solely with LCFC, whereas the Princes Trust would have been covering them as well.

That said we still feel the PR for our concert was poor, the net needs to be cast much wider than the Mercury & local commercial radio.

They will try again next year, when there is enough time to attract higher calibre acts & Kasabian may well be in the catagory if their popularity continues to grow.

As an option, the club can choose to charge a fixed fee to a promoter for its revenue & leave the risk & PR to promoter. Maybe this would be the better option until the venue is an established concert venue, before the club tries to promote a concert itself again

it doesn't matter how good the PR is if you don't have the line up for a stadium show!!

If you have a big name band or artist the PR will be done without any help as fans of big bands will always know where and when they are playing.

The main problem was it was a rush job they left it to late to attract the big artists who plan longer than 3months before and had to settle for the last options they could get.

PIETASTER said:
it doesn't matter how good the PR is if you don't have the line up for a stadium show!!

If you have a big name band or artist the PR will be done without any help as fans of big bands will always know where and when they are playing.

The main problem was it was a rush job they left it to late to attract the big artists who plan longer than 3months before and had to settle for the last options they could get.

The lack of time was down to the council dragging its feet over giving permission to hold concerts and therefore many bands were signed up in the limited timescale available. (This was further restricted as the possibility of changing the pitch if the ground sharing went ahead left a very small window to fit concerts in)

The problem will now be is the stadium reputation damaged in larger acts management eyes with a record of 2 concerts arranaged & cancelled, in hindsight it may have been better to wait until next summer.

Having said that, our understanding was the Princes Trust concert would have featured a big act

Foxes_Trust said:
PIETASTER said:

The lack of time was down to the council dragging its feet over giving permission to hold concerts and therefore many bands were signed up in the limited timescale available. (This was further restricted as the possibility of changing the pitch if the ground sharing went ahead left a very small window to fit concerts in)

The problem will now be is the stadium reputation damaged in larger acts management eyes with a record of 2 concerts arranaged & cancelled, in hindsight it may have been better to wait until next summer.

Having said that, our understanding was the Princes Trust concert would have featured a big act

So basicly , what we have is this , The venue is good enough , but those managing the 'deal' messed up somewhat. New venture , that fell on its ass . 'run before you can walk ' comes to mind . I agree with pietaster, if the acts were bigger , then the sales of tickets would have looked after themselves, but the acts were not quite big enough to get the required ticket sales in such a short time . When those who are responsible for 'selling ' the stadium as a venue for concerts or indeed other events , get their own 'act' together , the Walkers Stadium will be a noted and desired venue . Meanwhile , The Krankies anyone ????? :lol:

the other thing is I am sure I read somewhere that they only had a license for 15000 people which is pathetic for a stadium concert the NIA in Birmingham holds 13000 Wembley Arena 11500 and just a little less than the 60000 capacity for the City of Manchester Stadium has for concerts like Oasis with that sort of capacity you are always going to struggle to get any decent Stadium bands

PIETASTER said:
the other thing is I am sure I read somewhere that they only had a license for 15000 people which is pathetic for a stadium concert the NIA in Birmingham holds 13000 Wembley Arena 11500 and just a little less than the 60000 capacity for the City of Manchester Stadium has for concerts like Oasis with that sort of capacity you are always going to struggle to get any decent Stadium bands

Believe it was 14,000. The needs to be some work done on the stadium which will then increase the capacity to 20,000+ for concerts.

i went to shitty britannia stadium to see bon jovi and they got 20,000 (including the pitch) i cant see why we cant as our ground is much bigger and as for LCFC taking a gamble you only gamble on people like darius if you book a big enough band then it will sell out simple as :roll:

To add on to that.
REM are playing the City Ground
Rod Stewart playing Pride Park
Elton John playing Highfield Road

Although the bottom two arent my cup of tea, they are stadium fillers.
Is it just me or are our marketing really stupid?
They tried rushing a concert which meant shit acts and then they are waiting for a third concert to finance it all.

Hazzman said:
To add on to that.
REM are playing the City Ground
Rod Stewart playing Pride Park
Elton John playing Highfield Road

Although the bottom two arent my cup of tea, they are stadium fillers.
Is it just me or are our marketing really stupid?
They tried rushing a concert which meant shit acts and then they are waiting for a third concert to finance it all.

The clues are in the question........

lazzer said:
i went to shitty britannia stadium to see bon jovi and they got 20,000 (including the pitch) i cant see why we cant as our ground is much bigger and as for LCFC taking a gamble you only gamble on people like darius if you book a big enough band then it will sell out simple as :roll:

Too true.If you put shite on then nobody is going to want to see it,it's not Rocket Science.

Who gives a flying Highland arsehole? Seriously? When we're a joke on the pitch next term that's when we moan... **** this, let them all have the best bands in the world, no one cares. We're a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669