The LCFC ex-players thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durham Fox said:
I see Dickov's done the dirty on Blackburn now.
"Couldn't agree contract terms"

Greedy bastard wanted more than he was worth

Durham Fox said:
I see Dickov's done the dirty on Blackburn now.

keep your eyes open, he may be in Fosse Park soon...:icon_bigg

I would be supprisingly unhappy if he came back... I always thought I would like him back, but we have Hume, who is younger & Fryatt aswell now. SO I would rather have a tall powerfull striker that we can throw crosses @.

I wouldn't want the hard done to, moaning little fooker back here again

If he came back, I couldnt see him in the side ahead of Hume & Fryatt anyway. He's too old over the hill. Is he 33 or 34???

Melton Fox said:
I wouldn't want the hard done to, moaning little fooker back here again
Hate to say it about anyone....but he has a touch of the "Curse of W*s* about him. Must be a reincarnated Jack Russell...(with a personality disorder.)

\

Dean Sturridge has signed for Kidderminster on a one year deal.

This is Worcester said:
KIDDERMINSTER Harriers have pulled off a transfer coup by snapping up former Leicester City and Wolves striker Dean Sturridge.
The 32-year-old, who most recently played in the Championship with Queen's Park Rangers last season, has signed a one-year deal at Aggborough.
Harriers manager Mark Yates was delighted with his high profile capture and he said: "I have been in touch with Dean for a number of weeks now -- in fact I first made contact about trying to sign him last season. He turned down lots of offers to come here and we are delighted to have signed him.
"He has got nothing to prove having done it at the top level of English football. Hopefully we will see a fit Dean Sturridge scoring lots of goals for Kidderminster Harriers.
"I have three strikers here -- Dean, Luke Reynolds and Andy White -- who I think will score goals and I am quietly confident we can make a challenge at the right end of the table this season.
"The squad is shaping up nicely at the moment and there will be a few more signings soon."
Sturridge began his career in 1991 with Derby County. The frontman was then the subject of a big-money move in 2001 when Leicester paid County £350,000. He then went to Wolves and signed for QPR in March of last year, playing 11 games.

Source:- http://www.thisisworcester.co.uk/worcestershire/worcester/sport/WEN_SPORT_NEWS2.html
http://www.thisisworcester.co.uk/worcestershire/worcester/sport/WEN_SPORT_NEWS2.html

Melton Fox said:
Is he only 32!!!!
seems like he has been 32 for about 31 years now.:eek:

lee morris to yeovil ?

Slade's search for more new faces has also prompted him to take former Sheffield United and Derby County striker Lee Morris on trial during their pre-season preparations.

Morris has been looking for pastures new after being released by Championship side Leicester City back in late April.
from skysports.com

Spiders been released by the Aussies..........did'nt know he was banged-up.......... but he ought to be for criminally impersonating a goalkeeper

Jordan Stewart isn't the only ex-City player in the Premiership next season...........

Sky Sports News said:
Reading defender Chris Makin has signed a new deal at The Madejski Stadium.
Makin, who joined The Royals last summer, has signed a one-year extension at the Premiership new boys.
The 33-year-old helped Reading win promotion last season and director of football Nicky Hammond was delighted to agree a deal with the former Sunderland and Ipswich man.
"Chris Makin is a very steady and reliable professional who was outstanding whenever called upon last season," said Hammond.
"He has extensive experience of Premiership football which will be vital both on and off the pitch next season."
Reading coaching duo Kevin Dillon and Wally Downes have followed Makin's suit by penning new one-year deals.
Hammond was happy the pair had agreed to stay on and help Steve Coppell as they prepare for life in England's top-flight.
"Kevin Dillon and Wally Downes are very much an integral part of Steve's Coppell's management team," added Hammond. "They did a fantastic job last season and are relishing the opportunity to prove themselves as coaches at the highest level."

Source:- http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=399151&CPID=8&clid=108&lid=2&title=Makin+stays+with+Royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669