The Loan Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Out of the current loan players we currently have (Martin, Bunn, Hobbs, Gilbert, Cleverley) are there any worth keeping next season? - providing their parent clubs let them leave permanently.

Discuss.

I would take Hobbs as cover if we can get him cheap enough, as with Martin. If Bunn keeps playing well, I would probably try to get him as well.

Saying that, the only one I can see us realistically being able to sign is Gilbert.

Bunn will go back to Blackburn, it's obvious he's highly rated there. Cleverley won't stay either IMO.

I can see us signing Gilbert and Hobbs, maybe Martin too. I wouldn't be too disappointed at all to see them stay.

Bunn will go back to Blackburn, it's obvious he's highly rated there. Cleverley won't stay either IMO.

I can see us signing Gilbert and Hobbs, maybe Martin too. I wouldn't be too disappointed at all to see them stay.
Wot he said.

I can definetely see us signing Martin... he's said he wants to stay, and he's not going to be getting near the Liverpool team.

I'd like us to sign Gilbert and Hobbs, but even if their parent clubs would let them go (think Gilbert would be allowed, not sure about Hobbs), then higher clubs than us may be interested.

I'd like us to sign Gilbert and Hobbs, but even if their parent clubs would let them go (think Gilbert would be allowed, not sure about Hobbs), then higher clubs than us may be interested.

I don't think that would be a problem, presuming we will be in the Championship. I can't see any Premiership teams wanting them, only other Championship teams - but I reckon they might prefer to stay with us seeing as they are well settled into the club.

I think we have a chance with Martin and Gilbert. Hobbs I am not sure. I could see him going to a realistically promotion chasing championship club.

Gilbert I would really like us to keep. Martin I am not to bothered about unless he costs us very little.

Martin - Yes
Hobbs - Yes
Cleverley - Yes
Gilbert - Yes

Think back to last season and you'd take any of these over the loanees we had last year.

Martin - Yes
Hobbs - Yes
Cleverley - No
Gilbert - Yes

I think Hobbs would be a great signing and is going to be an excellent player - if he can stay on the straight and narrow ;)

I also like gilbert. Whilst his distribution lets him down he is an excellent athlete and quite often gets us out of trouble with his pace. If he can sort his distribution I think he will also become a very good full back.

For me cleverley looks to be too lightweight and Martin is a competent keeper without being anything special - but more consistent that some of our past keepers.

I forgot to mention Cleverley in my post... I've not really seen or heard too much about him since he joined, but I take that as a sign really that we shouldn't be signing him.

He doesn't seem to be anything particularly special, even at this level (as evidenced by the fact that he's not started the last couple of games)... he might be better than what we had we last season, but I think it seems like Nige and his team could find better (whether that's permanent or another loan) for next season.

I did accidentally wee my pants at Bunn's performance yesterday but that may have been the quick coke's had in succession at the ground or Howard wanting a boxing match with Rovers keeper.

i still think Gilbert is the weak link in the team....but wouldn't mind him here as cover as he's still young. I can see us getting Martin and would love us to get Hobbs. doubt we'll get the other lads.

Isn't Brown a loan signing? I have been disappointed with Cleverley. I would have expected a player on Manchester United's books to really shine in this division. I have seen nothing that suggests he will ever be a premiership player let alone in the Man U. first team. The other disappointment is David Martin. Three or four years ago he was seen as this brilliant young keeper and a possible future England international. I think it was England Under 17s that I saw him play for. In fact he has been OK but nothing more.

I personally think Cleverly (apart from his first two or so games) and Gilbery have been the outstanding loan players, closely followed by Hobbs, but then I might be wrong.

i still think Gilbert is the weak link in the team.....

I have been disappointed with Cleverley. I would have expected a player on Manchester United's books to really shine in this division. I have seen nothing that suggests he will ever be a premiership player let alone in the Man U. first team. The other disappointment is David Martin.

I personally think Cleverly (apart from his first two or so games) and Gilbery have been the outstanding loan players, closely followed by Hobbs, but then I might be wrong.

Quite a difference of opinion there!

I'd love to see Hobbs, Martin, Gilbert and Brown here next season. I reckon someone else will come in for Hobbs. But we'll sign Brown. Not sure about the other two. Depends on how much the clubs want for them.

Isn't Brown a loan signing? I have been disappointed with Cleverley. I would have expected a player on Manchester United's books to really shine in this division. I have seen nothing that suggests he will ever be a premiership player let alone in the Man U. first team. The other disappointment is David Martin. Three or four years ago he was seen as this brilliant young keeper and a possible future England international. I think it was England Under 17s that I saw him play for. In fact he has been OK but nothing more.

I dont understand how you can be negative towards him. We have the best defence in the league :102:

The performance of these loan players in the same team I hope gives lie to the fact that new players need time to "gel". All they need is a good manager. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363