The Loan Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
The performance of these loan players in the same team I hope gives lie to the fact that new players need time to "gel". All they need is a good manager. :icon_wink

or an easy league to play in. :icon_wink

Hobbs has really improved as the season has gone on. When he first came here I didn't think he'd get anywhere near Liverpool's first team, now I think , given time, he has a chance. I'd be surprised if Liverpool let him go yet.

Gilbert blows hot and cold but I've seen enough of him on his good days to know we should sign him, Arsenal/price permitting.

Martin is hard to judge because he never has that much to do. Again, if the price was right I'd take a chance on him.

Personally, I would only sign Hobbs and Bunn - and they are both unlikely to (be allowed to or want to) leave their Premiership clubs (though, I suppose Bunn might leave if Blackburn were to be relegated - a distinct possibility). Gilbert is RUBBISH - at League 1 level, let alone Championship. Martin is DODGY. Cleverley is LIGHTWEIGHT. I can't see any of those 3 being good enough in the Championship - and that is why their clubs would probably let them go for the 'right money' (to potential 'big spenders', like City).

(though, I suppose Bunn might leave if Blackburn were to be relegated - a distinct possibility).

I would say that Bunn would be more likely to stay if Blackburn were relegated because they would probably have him as their number 1 due to Robinson either wanting to leave or Blackburn wanting to get rid due to his probable high wages.

I would say that Bunn would be more likely to stay if Blackburn were relegated because they would probably have him as their number 1 due to Robinson either wanting to leave or Blackburn wanting to get rid due to his probable high wages.

Fair comment. I think Blackburn do have another (equal) 2nd choice keeper in Jason Brown - perhaps they might release Bunn, if Brown were to stay, or they signed someone else. But you're right - Robinson would almost certainly go (though he is 'getting on a bit' now !). I also know that we've not seen much of Bunn (though I do know many Cobblers supporters who rated him highly) - but he's definitely better than Martin, who is very dodgy under pressure - and he'll get a lot more of that in the Championship.

Last edited:
I've read various stories/rumours about which, if any, of these loan players are out of contract in the summer, which have just signed extensions, etc. Does anyone have anything more concrete in this department? That will give us a better indication of the chances of signing any of them.

Last edited:
I've read various stories/rumours about which, if any, of these loan players are out of contract in the summer, which have just signed extensions, etc. Does anyone have anything more concrete in this department? That will give us a better indication of the chances of signing any of them.

We don't want any of them, they are all crap apparantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669