The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why Riyad went to Scratchwood? To go for a poo? If only the papers had reported that then we'd all have understood.

It would appear that Mahrez has been to the Leo Ulloa charm school ...

upload_2018-2-1_13-59-1.png

I suspect a lot of the words being quoted are those of frustration from his agent, who was hoping for a nice payday.

Seems fair enough to me. The club did the right thing.

Leicester City asked for £80million cash for Riyad Mahrez, but Manchester City were only willing to offer £50m plus a player they valued at £15m, the Mercury understands.

Leicester were in conversation with Man City throughout the deadline day afternoon over a possible move for Mahrez to the Etihad Stadium.

Initially, the Premier League leaders made a cash-only offer but then threw in a player as well that took the whole package to £65m as they rated the mystery player at £15m

Leicester did not agree with Man City's valuation of the player whose identity is unknown at this stage.

Eventually, they handed Man City an ultimatum that if the deal was going to be done it would be for £80m without the player.

It would appear that Mahrez has been to the Leo Ulloa charm school ...

View attachment 14038

I see that the 'I will never play for you again' is not in quotation marks, so could have been said by his agent or possibly just made up.

If any of this stuff is true then Mahrez needs to sort his attitude out otherwise nobody will come in for him in the summer. I am confident that if Mahrez just sulks, Puel will just bench him, or leave him out of the squad altogether.

I'm fairly sure that the club will play this cool now. If Mahrez plays in his 2016/17 mode then Leicester City is as good as it gets for him. If he downs tools from training for any significant time then clubs will assume that he is trouble and his career will likely implode. His only sensible way forward is to do the job he's well paid to do and then make everyone happy by -------off with the first sensible bid in the summer. Impossible to estimate the size of that bid until we see how he reacts.

Apparently not showed up for training again today. Not surprised really, maybe we would be best to give him a day or two and let it calm down a bit but at the same time, he needs to ****in grow a pair..

Apparently not showed up for training again today. Not surprised really, maybe we would be best to give him a day or two and let it calm down a bit but at the same time, he needs to ****in grow a pair..
Do they usually have training the day after a night away game, especially with a short turnaround to the next game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566