The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player power is being stifled here. Isn’t it lovely to watch? Our owners are complete bastards round the negotiating table and I love it.

Release clause? We told Man City what the price was. They balked. Because “they can’t afford it”

Bullshit. You’ve just spent 60m on another defender.

Pep whining that he can’t afford players has to be the most ridiculous moment of this transfer window.
Wait, other than the whole world thinking Mahrez is somehow worth less than a bang average defender who’s never won anything in this country.

Well done Vichai and staff. In today’s ego tistical, primal Donna, can’t play twice in a week, speak to my agent, but they promised, nanny pamby market you stood up and said MO,

You have swam against the tide and for that I salute you. :038::038::038::038::038::038:

Despite not being sold, it's possible that Mahrez won't play for us again this season. He may wander around the pitch a bit but might not actually contribute anything.

I don't know why I say this, its not like its ever happened before.

The worst thing about it is that we don't have anyone to take his place in the team now.

His past performance after this type of thing suggests we will see a highly reduced version of Mahrez for the rest of the season, which helps nobody.

Player power is being stifled here. Isn’t it lovely to watch? Our owners are complete bastards round the negotiating table and I love it.

Release clause? We told Man City what the price was. They balked. Because “they can’t afford it”

Bullshit. You’ve just spent 60m on another defender.

Pep whining that he can’t afford players has to be the most ridiculous moment of this transfer window.
Wait, other than the whole world thinking Mahrez is somehow worth less than a bang average defender who’s never won anything in this country.

Yes, clearly someone - presumably the owners - has, at last, got a grip on transfer dealings. Man City's bid timing was extremely hostile and our competitors might now understand that our owners have the resources to tell them to get stuffed when required. Mahrez has behaved disgracefully - disregarding contractual obligations and letting down his team mates and the fans - and people were fooled by his silky football skills into thinking that he's an ok guy. The club has got rid - for the time being- of some shockingly bad signings and can't avoid financial pain and moved out Andy King who is in a different category but still deadwood.

I assume that everyone understands now that it's in every interests that Mahrez goes- and his damage to the club is curtailed asap.

I realise the defeat at Goodison hurts but yesterday was a really good day - and other clubs and the media (including the sniping Mercury which has constantly re-cycled largely groundless speculation ) should take Leicester City a bit more seriously.

Despite not being sold, it's possible that Mahrez won't play for us again this season. He may wander around the pitch a bit but might not actually contribute anything.

I don't know why I say this, its not like its ever happened before.

I think we could see the return of those invisible man markers of last season.

Hanging around an airport departure lounge when you're supposed to be on international duty is one thing. Being totally unprofessional and not bothering to turn up for your £100k a week job is another. I think the owners were telling Mahrez and his representatives to F-off as much as Man City. The owners did the right thing, they had no real choice. Still doesn't make me feel any better about the whole situation though. It's a mess.

Hanging around an airport departure lounge when you're supposed to be on international duty is one thing. Being totally unprofessional and not bothering to turn up for your £100k a week job is another. I think the owners were telling Mahrez and his representatives to F-off as much as Man City. The owners did the right thing, they had no real choice. Still doesn't make me feel any better about the whole situation though. It's a mess.
It’s not a mess, it’s crystal clear:

Man City and or Mahrez agitated for a move.

We values him at the market rate of ~£90m, they refused to pay it.

If he throws a strop then so be it.

He should perhaps ask Man City why they didn't want him enough.

The grass isn't always greener you shit.

This mid season transfer window generally benefits richer teams and those that are doing well.
Ocassionally strugling teams can strenghen sometimes depleted squads.

I agree with CP and feel it should be totally scrapped , but alongside the introduction of enforcible wagebill
and squad size caps.

Limited loan deals and free transfers could still be allowed (until the top clubs find ways to circumvent
that scheme, in which case it too should be scrapped).

Its not much to ask professional clubs to manage a limited number of players for ten months in the year.

This mid season transfer window generally benefits richer teams and those that are doing well.
Ocassionally strugling teams can strenghen sometimes depleted squads.

It seemed to work well for Everton.

He should perhaps ask Man City why they didn't want him enough.

The grass isn't always greener you shit.

No, Man City definitely definitely wanted him, but they didn’t have enough money left. Didn’t you know they’re the new Burnley?

The owners did the right thing, they had no real choice. Still doesn't make me feel any better about the whole situation though. It's a mess.

Similar feeling here. We might have even shot ourselves in the foot, depending on how Mahrez responds. Still, it was our foot to shoot ourselves in, that's the point. You can't be dictated to by players/agents and I can understand the club standing firm.

I don't think of the price demanded by the club as a market valuation. I think of it as Mahrez's value to us, plus compensation for losing an essential player, plus compensation for not being able to sign a replacement. Summer will be a different context.

Similar feeling here. We might have even shot ourselves in the foot, depending on how Mahrez responds. Still, it was our foot to shoot ourselves in, that's the point. You can't be dictated to by players/agents and I can understand the club standing firm.

I don't think of the price demanded by the club as a market valuation. I think of it as Mahrez's value to us, plus compensation for losing an essential player, plus compensation for not being able to sign a replacement. Summer will be a different context.

What do you think his value is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570