The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
sky reporting them but didn't come from Sky, they say sky sources as they don't want to mention other media outlets

I don't believe all the reports I read on the internet and nor should you. Sky sports are notorious for making up utter tripe. It puts plenty of money in their betting coffers.
Perfect. We know absolutely nothing about anything in reality and yet there are some on here who have already decided that he must have skipped training without permission, refused point blank to be part of the matchday squad and tried to force the club's hand by being generally unpleasant and arrogant. This could of course all be true but it probably isn't. He's still our best player by a mile if this doesn't affect him and so if he is staying I'll be happy about that instead of being angry about things that may or, as is more likely, may not have transpired.

Mixed thoughts this evening, apprehensive and excited.

Apprehensive whether Riyad will continue his fantastic form we have seen so far this season.

Excited that we still have one of the premier leagues best players in our team, excited that we have not buckled under the pressure from Man City and excited that we can compete for the FA cup and a European place.

He's still at those services on the M6

Pack up now all gone and he's had to go and buy a Ginsters pasty, despite the feckin' outrageous price in the shop

Sad days indeed for the Algerian wizard

I also hope we name the player/s Man City were prepared offer us to sweeten the deal .... hope it upsets said player/s.

Or £120 million if we had to take the shithouse Mangala as well

He's still at those services on the M6

Pack up now all gone and he's had to go and buy a Ginsters pasty, despite the feckin' outrageous price in the shop

Sad days indeed for the Algerian wizard

Can't be far from Liverpool then so he could still make the game tonight!

Man City have behaved very badly and Leicester should certainly reveal the name of the player they were trying to off load. Mahrez is a brilliant footballer but has shown himself again to be a total prat as a person - again.

Our owners have been heroic and have defied the convention that you have to roll over to this cartel of 'big' clubs.

Mahrez has let his team mates down.....and wouldn't it be a fantastic response to get a result tonight. In an ideal world Mahrez would be left to ply his trade with the u 23s.

Alternatively he goes tonight for 90m.

From the Guardian:

Understand that City never made even one bid for Mahrez, there were informal discussions, Leicester City made a proposal worth £95m this morning and City walked away. Their absolute “top valuation of player was £60m”, no more. And: Mahrez was a target for long-term position of wide player post-Sanchez not happening, not a short-term fix because of Sane’s ankle injury.

Why would he want to sit with a load of scousers?

No, just be surprised if we didn't sell our allocation as I am still under the assumption that unless you are a ST holder, you have absolutely no chance of getting a ticket for an away league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566