The Managerial Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Alan Irvine sacked by West Brom after losing seven of the last nine games. Rob Kelly in as caretaker. The Telegraph says Tim Sherwood is favourite for the job but the Express reckon Pulis is already on his way there.

Newcastle have given Pardew permission to talk to Palace about their managerial vacancy.

Last edited:
To be fair, chairmen have been more patient than usual this season.

Whether I agree or not I am delighted our owners are standing strong behind NP.

The Pardew to Palace thing stinks of Ashley cashing in. Pulis would be ideal to guarantee Ashley the midtable obscurity that he apparently craves, to keep the TV money pouring in but Pulis actually seems rather ambitious in terms of budgets and pushing a team on so it probably won't happen.

I can't see Pulis at West Brom, given that he won't have full control of transfers there. They normally go down the 'head coach' route and I don't see Pulis as that sort of man. McLaren would be a good fit there, although I don't think he'd go there necessarily, as he seems settled at Derby.

They're talking about this 'roundabout' on TalkSquawk at the moment. Apparently Pearson is the third longest-serving Premier League manager.

Mad!

I can't see Pulis at West Brom, given that he won't have full control of transfers there. They normally go down the 'head coach' route and I don't see Pulis as that sort of man. McLaren would be a good fit there, although I don't think he'd go there necessarily, as he seems settled at Derby.

Although he's reportedly in talks with them, so what do I know!

Alan Irvine sacked by West Brom after losing seven of the last nine games. Rob Kelly in as caretaker. The Telegraph says Tim Sherwood is favourite for the job but the Express reckon Pulis is already on his way there.

Newcastle have given Pardew permission to talk to Palace about their managerial vacancy.

Good old Rob - Caretaker Manager extraordinaire.
Seven times including when he took over from Craig Levein. That includes twice at Preston and twice at Forest.

Last edited:
Good old Rob - Caretaker Manager extraordinaire.
Seven times including when he took over from Craig Levein. That includes twice at Preston and twice at Forest.
He's got a great bunch of lads there.

Pullis shoe in for WBA; Bruce likely for Newcastle ....which is relevant vecause it would destabilise one of our main relegation rivals.

Pullis shoe in for WBA; Bruce likely for Newcastle ....which is relevant because it would destabilise one of our main relegation rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669