The Managerial Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
BN must be gutted Tony 'the Messiah' Pulis is off to WBA.

No, not at all. The window of opportunity for us to make a change ended two or three weeks ago. We'd be insane to join the merry-go-round now.

I do think that the changes made at Palace and WBA are both very bad news for us. Both have dumped weak managers and replaced them (assuming Pardew ends up at Palace) with much better ones.

If we accept that there are six teams in the relegation mix, two of them have just moved even further clear from us. The others, Leicester, Burnley, QPR and Hull, are in a terrible mess. The latter two of these have much more experience and know-how at this level than us which gives them a distinct advantage, in addition to the extra points they have already.

Last season, a number of teams made really dumb changes during the season. Unfortunately, none have done so this time. Unless something extraordinary and unpredictable occurs, Leicester and Burnley are already as good as down and QPR and Hull will compete for survival. If QPR get Defoe in during January, I'd give them the edge.

3 points from safety and we are as good as down, wow, Happy New year to you too.

Just because it worked before for Pulls, doesn't mean to say it will work again. WBA expect TP to save them, pressure is on him.
Pardew is not the new Messiah for Palace.
Also, since when did you get points just for appointing a new manager?

No, not at all. The window of opportunity for us to make a change ended two or three weeks ago. We'd be insane to join the merry-go-round now.

I do think that the changes made at Palace and WBA are both very bad news for us. Both have dumped weak managers and replaced them (assuming Pardew ends up at Palace) with much better ones.

If we accept that there are six teams in the relegation mix, two of them have just moved even further clear from us. The others, Leicester, Burnley, QPR and Hull, are in a terrible mess. The latter two of these have much more experience and know-how at this level than us which gives them a distinct advantage, in addition to the extra points they have already.

Last season, a number of teams made really dumb changes during the season. Unfortunately, none have done so this time. Unless something extraordinary and unpredictable occurs, Leicester and Burnley are already as good as down and QPR and Hull will compete for survival. If QPR get Defoe in during January, I'd give them the edge.

As you say, Palace/WBA have done the right thing bringing in guys who are unlikely to see them relegated.

I also agree that QPR will have the nous to strengthen effectively.

You are also correct in saying that we have missed the boat on a managerial change.....and are more or less hung out to dry along with Burnley who I think are playing better than us but nonethless are going to go down the plug hole.

Paradoxically, Pearson probably now represents our only very slim chance of survival on the basis that they are his players and I sense there is group loyalty.

As you say, Palace/WBA have done the right thing bringing in guys who are unlikely to see them relegated.

I also agree that QPR will have the nous to strengthen effectively.

You are also correct in saying that we have missed the boat on a managerial change.....and are more or less hung out to dry along with Burnley who I think are playing better than us but nonethless are going to go down the plug hole.

Paradoxically, Pearson probably now represents our only very slim chance of survival on the basis that they are his players and I sense there is group loyalty.
Have you seen Burnley play a lot then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670