The McCarthy poll

Have we missed Paddy McCarthy the past couple of months?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

I've never done one of these. I bet I feck it up! :)

Have we missed Paddy McCarthy the past couple of months?

how about....

no, because we have two players better than him in his position

I know he's reckless and not the most gifted player. But to be honest, I think we've missed him.

I am a bit torn on this one - yes he can be a reckless liability, but he could have played a part over the last few games (mainly as a sub, but the odd starting place) due to injuries and suspensions.

He does put the effort in as well and is a good example in that respect (much the same as Hume and Tiatto - and with the same limitations).

I think we probably havent missed him but he is not a reckless liability by a long chalk.

I think we have missed him. For all his recklessness, he does provide some muscle in the defence. Kisnorbo and McAuley are better footballers but not as strong as McCarthy and therefore get barged of the ball easily. We can call Danny for his rashness but he provides that in midfield. If you look at the BRum match this was very evident in the first half, we looked like a bunch of Davids fighting a load of Goliaths.

I think we have missed him. For all his recklessness, he does provide some muscle in the defence. Kisnorbo and McAuley are better footballers but not as strong as McCarthy and therefore get barged of the ball easily. We can call Danny for his rashness but he provides that in midfield. If you look at the BRum match this was very evident in the first half, we looked like a bunch of Davids fighting a load of Goliaths.

more like a bunch of julians

He's our third best centre-half, so we've missed him when McAuly hasn't been available- he's much better than Kenton or Johannson

He's our third best centre-half, so we've missed him when McAuly hasn't been available- he's much better than Kenton or Johannson

Oh!! I wanted to say that but you got there first!

I would have spelled McAuley correctly though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570