the met

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if your not sure if hes a terrorsit you only shoot him 3 times? He left a building the police were monitoring that was housing known, active terrorists. He was mistaken for one of them. They didnt call a crack squad in because he had a backpack ffs.

But an innocent man was killed Durham,somebody has to take responsibility.He wasn't an active terrorist so the person who identified him was wrong.

Quite.

I dont understand the 'why 7 shots' brigade. Like it was OK to shoot him in the head but only twice would have made it easier to swallow :icon_roll

I'm not but in the end an innocent man was killed you can dress it up all you like

Stats....

Shots On Target- England 7................brazil0

Shots Saved- England 0...............brazil7

Brazil Awarded The Game After A Shootout

Mc Claren Out :098:

Im pretty sure the Poilce Officers involved thought they were acting in the countries best interests. I doubt they just fancied killing a Brazilian guy that day :102:

"Ivor" bottled it and has used that as an excuse ever since. The Officer in charge, Cressida Dick, gave no orders to shoot and "Ivor" showed the sort of judgement that suggests he should never have been put in that situation. :icon_sad:

But an innocent man was killed Durham,somebody has to take responsibility.He wasn't an active terrorist so the person who identified him was wrong.

Agreed, 100%. However the people that shot him, be it once, twice or 100 times thought he was. They didnt dream it up, there wasn't a big vendetta against this bloke. Its very sad and tragic that an innocent man was killed but the guys with the guns thought they were doing right! They should be completley beyond reproach because if they aren't the next time this happens and it really is a suicide bomber boarding a tube train, 10's of people will die and hundreds injured potentially because the gunmen might think twice.

The people responsible for his death arent the people with the guns IMO.

"Ivor" bottled it and has used that as an excuse ever since. The Officer in charge, Cressida Dick, gave no orders to shoot and "Ivor" showed the sort of judgement that suggests he should never have been put in that situation. :icon_sad:

But its ok Steven because they were protecting the Nations Security,well we are very secure with Arsehioles like that in charge,I feel so safe don't you ?

Agreed, 100%. However the people that shot him, be it once, twice or 100 times thought he was. They didnt dream it up, there wasn't a big vendetta against this bloke. Its very sad and tragic that an innocent man was killed but the guys with the guns thought they were doing right! They should be completley beyond reproach because if they aren't the next time this happens and it really is a suicide bomber boarding a tube train, 10's of people will die and hundreds injured potentially because the gunmen might think twice.

The people responsible for his death arent the people with the guns IMO.

So In your opinion what should be done with the ones who gave the orders to shoot and wrongly identified him as a Terrorist ?

But you just said it wasnt the gunmens fault, now you are saying it is :bang:

What are you on about ? I said the people in charge the ones who gave the order to shoot not the ones who pulled the trigger:icon_roll

So In your opinion what should be done with the ones who gave the orders to shoot and wrongly identified him as a Terrorist ?

Wherever the mission broke down and those who were responsible for that should be brought to task over it but talk of locking people up is ridiculous.

Mistakes happen, as sad as this instance is. Thats what it was, a mistake. You arent allowed mistakes anymore though. Everything has to pulled apart to find someone or something to blame it on.

Mistakes are a human trait, they are unavoidable but they are just that MISTAKES imo.

What are you on about ? I said the people in charge the ones who gave the order to shoot not the ones who pulled the trigger:icon_roll

but ivor did pull the trigger as steven noted and you agreed with his statement :icon_roll:icon_roll:bang:

Last edited:
Who have 2 totally different views? :icon_roll

reading mackys post earlier seems to me that he doestnt go along with your theory and agrees in essence to what h put or maybe ive interpreted it wrong bit like them at the met etc..:)

but ivor did pull the trigger as steven noted and you agreed with his statement :icon_roll:icon_roll:bang:

Sorry I thought Ivor was in charge:icon_redf I don't read the papers or watch the news anymore...I'm best shutting up

reading mackys post earlier seems to me that he doestnt go along with your theory and agrees in essence to what h put or maybe ive interpreted it wrong bit like them at the met etc..:)

Macky wants them all locked up, HF reckons the decision maker/s should be locked up. Seems a big difeerence to me. HF basically agrees with me I think (although he has an issue over the number of shots fired) that the gunman ultimatley isnt to blame. Although I think he has misunderstood.

Last edited:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7073125.stm

Responsibility was passed to the team on the ground. The Operations centre had already rubbished the idea it was one of the bombers. The team on the ground then made decisions that clearly that were not capable of making. :icon_sad:

Whatever way you try to dress it up, they made a monumental **** up which resulted in an innocent man being summarily executed for no good reason other than he looked a bit foreign.

The orders that they had were to detain anybody that left the building he was living in, this didn't happen & the surveillance officers following him said over the radio that they weren't sure that it was the right man.

He offered no resistance on the train, had nothing about him that might have indicated he was carrying any kind of device, he was pushed back down onto the seat of the train by a cop, his hands were restrained, he was no threat to anybody.

The two firearms cops leaned over the cop who was restraining him & shot him at point blank range in the head.
That is murder, full stop.

It is irrelevant how many times they fired into him, once was too many.

I hope you all feel a lot safer.

Macky wants them all locked up, HF reckons the decision maker/s should be locked up. Seems a big difeerence to me. HF basically agrees with me I think (although he has an issue over the number of shots fired) that the gunman ultimatley isnt to blame.

But HF just doesn't just dismiss it has a 'mistake'...a 'mistake' would be issuing a Parket Ticket to a car which is parked legally.Its slightly more serious than that and before people are shot dead in cold blood I'd like the Police etc to be 110% they have the right man because that is afterall what they are paid for.We all make 'mistakes' but we are paid fortunes to make them and our 'mistakes' won't result in a Mother losing her son because of a ..'mistake'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669