The new shirt is okay but... the why the heck did they change the design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piss poor by the club IMO, great idea to get the fans to design a shirt, but then undo all the good by agreeing to change the original design.
Why :102:

I work in this industry and worked on some of the previous shirts (well before JJB took over) and I just do no see the benefit of dropping 2 of the stripes, can not even see it being a cost issue. One reason I can think of is reducing the visabilty of the A&L logo, which is why it has been put on a seperate panel, but that would have worked with all five stripes.

Tossers.

Naughty Fox said:
Piss poor by the club IMO, great idea to get the fans to design a shirt, but then undo all the good by agreeing to change the original design.
Why :102:

I work in this industry and worked on some of the previous shirts (well before JJB took over) and I just do no see the benefit of dropping 2 of the stripes, can not even see it being a cost issue. One reason I can think of is reducing the visabilty of the A&L logo, which is why it has been put on a seperate panel, but that would have worked with all five stripes.

Tossers.
It may be due to legal issues. If the club had used pin-stripes the same as the 80's Admiral kit, could Admiral of sued Leicester/JJB?

surely thats the same as saying we can never use a plain blue shirt with a white rond-neck collar again? just incase Le Coq Sportif get the arse

Ricey said:
It may be due to legal issues. If the club had used pin-stripes the same as the 80's Admiral kit, could Admiral of sued Leicester/JJB?
TBH stripes are stripes and the shirt on a whole is different to the Admiral one so do not see any copyright issues.

Also sent an email to Peter Jones.

fcukcov said:
Also sent a letter to Peter Jones, i covered it in my favourite aftershave, mmmm, I hope he reads it, I love him :060:
Don't know the guy to be honest Lee, but I'm sure you will be very happy together :icon_razz

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Don't know the guy to be honest Lee, but I'm sure you will be very happy together :icon_razz
Just coz you have passed my post total you think you can pick on me now dont ya!

and it would be a letter or an email not an letter as the word letter doesnt start with a vowel! :icon_razz

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
Just coz you have passed my post total you think you can pick on me now dont ya!

and it would be a letter or an email not an letter as the word letter doesnt start with a vowel! :icon_razz
I didn't know I had passed your total, am I now the dominant one then :icon_razz

I'm sure once this baby's out and I'm eventually back to work, I'll disappear into obscurity again and you will pass me on a straight somewhere

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that people are actually talking to the club about how many stripes are on the new home shirt? What is the world coming to.....

Durham Fox said:
Am I right in thinking that people are actually talking to the club about how many stripes are on the new home shirt? What is the world coming to.....

You are right mate !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570