The new, soon to be old and closed, Real Ale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaarev

A bottle of Trappistes Rochefort. Strong (9,2%), a bit caramelly, overall impression quite good!

Last edited:
9.2%! 500ml bottle?
:030: 330, but schtill plenty. Considered an Ægir Barleywine which is 13,5% in a500ml bottle but I'm driving tomorrow morning, so I'll save that for another occasion.

Last edited:
This is the selection of beers I got in a 50% off deal a week or so ago! waiting until the end of dry January to try a few.
te9ube4y.jpg

This is the selection of beers I got in a 50% off deal a week or so ago! waiting until the end of dry January to try a few.

A 50% off deal would never happen over here. Wouldn't be allowed. Enjoy!

Not even remotely close to being a real ale but had a couple of bottles of Tsingtao to accompany a spicy chinese meal. Good for that purpose. Especially since the only alternative was C***sberg...

Not even remotely close to being a real ale but had a couple of bottles of Tsingtao to accompany a spicy chinese meal. Good for that purpose. Especially since the only alternative was C***sberg...

Tsingtao is Chinese bud brewed by Ab Ingbev, definitely not a real ale, nasty stuff.

And i was too lazy to start a new thread about crappy beer that still can be useful given the right circumstances

It's good working in ASDA. I had an old biddy complaining on Thursday that the offer (three for a fiver) on bottles of ales and lager had finished.

Me: Yes, but it's good that the offer is now four bottles for a fiver, isn't it?

Old biddy: That's what I mean. All your prices are going up. I just can't afford to shop here any more. I'm going to Tesco next week.

Me: ...(speechless)

It's good working in ASDA. I had an old biddy complaining on Thursday that the offer (three for a fiver) on bottles of ales and lager had finished.

Me: Yes, but it's good that the offer is now four bottles for a fiver, isn't it?

Old biddy: That's what I mean. All your prices are going up. I just can't afford to shop here any more. I'm going to Tesco next week.

Me: ...(speechless)
:081:

It's good working in ASDA. I had an old biddy complaining on Thursday that the offer (three for a fiver) on bottles of ales and lager had finished.Me: Yes, but it's good that the offer is now four bottles for a fiver, isn't it?Old biddy: That's what I mean. All your prices are going up. I just can't afford to shop here any more. I'm going to Tesco next week.Me: ...(speechless)
Thinly veiled spam post.

How long until you can drink it?

4-6 days fermentation, 4 weeks in the cask then (if I can wait) 4 weeks ageing. I have beer left over from Christmas to drink when dry January ends so hopefully I'll wait the full term to get the best results and be drinking the beer in April but I may be drinking it during my week off starting 10th March :icon_bigg

4-6 days fermentation, 4 weeks in the cask then (if I can wait) 4 weeks ageing. I have beer left over from Christmas to drink when dry January ends so hopefully I'll wait the full term to get the best results and be drinking the beer in April but I may be drinking it during my week off starting 10th March :icon_bigg
Always wanted to try it, what kind of cost is it for the start up bits I'd need?

Always wanted to try it, what kind of cost is it for the start up bits I'd need?

£50 quid will get you the basics to get going (fermenting bucket, hydrometer, syphon, pressure keg etc), this is the starter kit I got for Christmas http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Start...pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item43c3e328ba

After this you need to buy the concentrate, a Woodforde's Wherry kit for 40 pints is currently £15.20 at Wilkinsons which makes the cost less than 40p a pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669