The new, soon to be old and closed, Real Ale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a bit sweet after 3! Nice pub,often canal cycle destination, pleased it's got its old name back and they dropped 'the proud perch'!

I'm looking forward to getting a bike in the next few weeks and doing a bit of exploring around the canal and redways. Quite enjoying being in Milton Keynes I must admit (That's something I never thought I'd say).

406836_10151552261094465_930527447_n.jpg

Lovely pint, had it in the rashleigh arms in polkeris, by the beach

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Full Bore and Half Bore are lovely pints. Full Bore is around 8%, but is lovely and smooth!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Went to Nottingham yesterday for a stag do and did an afternoon circuit of some of the older pubs and good lord there was a good selection of real ales. I could have spent all night in the Crafty Crow. I lost track of what I had, but I do remember the Wychwood Piledriver being particularly good along with Black Squirrel, which I think may have been from the magpie brewery in Nottingham.

Found a local shop that are selling St. Peter's Brewery bottled beers. Any of them worth trying? They've got "Best Bitter", "Organic Best Bitter", "Ruby Red Ale" and a couple of others I can't remember atm.

Last edited:
Found a local shop that are selling St. Peter's Brewery bottled beers. Any of them worth trying? They've got "Best Bitter", "Organic Best Bitter", "Ruby Red Ale" and a couple of others I can't remember atm.
They are all good, but give the organic best bitter a go. They have one pub, you must visit it when you are next in London, it's a bit Dickensian - The Jerusalem Tavern, 55 Britton Street, Clerkenwell, EC1M 5UQ. It's about six/seven minutes walk from Farringdon tube/rail station.

Love the 'Ruby Red'

Luckily it's available in the supermarket

They are all good, but give the organic best bitter a go. They have one pub, you must visit it when you are next in London, it's a bit Dickensian - The Jerusalem Tavern, 55 Britton Street, Clerkenwell, EC1M 5UQ. It's about six/seven minutes walk from Farringdon tube/rail station.

Love the 'Ruby Red'

Luckily it's available in the supermarket
Cheers, both!

Will have to check them out then. And also that pub in London, RS! :023:

That puzzled me a bit - when we used to live in Clerkenwell, I used to walk down Britton Street most days and didn't remember a pub called the Jerusalem Tavern. Turns out it was opened in the 1990s!

That puzzled me a bit - when we used to live in Clerkenwell, I used to walk down Britton Street most days and didn't remember a pub called the Jerusalem Tavern. Turns out it was opened in the 1990s!
Yes, but they have done a great job with it. It is tiny, and I think most of the interior is pretty authentic. It does look as if it have been there centuries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669