the old team was better then the new one

do you think adams should have brought so many players

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, now the policy of getting in 12 players has failed, I think MA should have gone with the kids.

For fecks sake, hindsight is wonderful eh, we are all bang on with every decision with it.

MA did the only thing he could, like someone put, at the time we thought it was the right thing to do, apart from Petrescu who wouldn't have bought/picked anyone over 20 at any time ever. He probably claims Petrescu has been teaching Ferdinand which is why he's been our top player at 37.

;-) 8)

Babylon said:
gagandeep said:
well we could have signed a decent central defender like primus or i dunno any1 4 2 mill in tdays market.

The same Primus who Hary Redknapp admitted he didn't think was good enough, and is amazed he has played so well.

Once again were looking back with the benefit of what we know now. It's easy to say we shouldn't of bought Gillespie, Curtis and Howey but when we signed them i doubt there were many out there saying we shouldn't get them (except Curtis!!)

Me! At least Gillespie and Curtis.... but I wasn't thrilled about Ferdinand either!!

Dunc said:
MA did the only thing he could, like someone put, at the time we thought it was the right thing to do, apart from Petrescu who wouldn't have bought/picked anyone over 20 at any time ever.

;-) 8)
dont understand that, as i've always said we should have a mix of experience and youth. interesting stuff.

Petrescu said:
no, we should have signed a couple of proven quality premier players, and some good nominal fee players, with youngster getting a chance if theres injuries.. wins this poll hands down.

well said petrescu... how anyone could think MA was in anyway right to get so many players in is beyond me...

well said petrescu... how anyone could think MA was in anyway right to get so many players in is beyond me...

well having gone back to June/July/August postings by you, you thought he was right.

In fact you go so far as to defend MA's decision to sign Brooker quite strenuously, and Ferdinand.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2578&highlight=#2578

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2560&highlight=#2560

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2577&highlight=#2577

Like I keep saying, everyone thought it was the best policy at the time, with hindsight it might not have been, but as you rightly stated back in June/July, there is little choice with the budget.
[/url]

i always thought th ebest policy was to bring in 4 or 5 quality players n den if theres some spares left n if we have som emoney to spare on free transfers then sign the likes of hignett, etc, but no we couldnt do that we had to sign a whole new team that wasnt even better then the team last year as the pompey game prooved. isgraceful by basset moreso then mickey, to top it off we let the "good" players coming in have get out clauses meaning more work for mickey to do in terms of motivation. this club is in a mess at the moment, a big mess!!! and it should be cleared sonn or i fear for next season. i do really really fear :(

gagandeep said:
i always thought th ebest policy was to bring in 4 or 5 quality players n den if theres some spares left n if we have som emoney to spare on free transfers then sign the likes of hignett, etc, but no we couldnt do that we had to sign a whole new team that wasnt even better then the team last year as the pompey game prooved. isgraceful by basset moreso then mickey, to top it off we let the "good" players coming in have get out clauses meaning more work for mickey to do in terms of motivation. this club is in a mess at the moment, a big mess!!! and it should be cleared sonn or i fear for next season. i do really really fear :(

4 or 5 players would not have been enough, and what sort of quality could we attract to Leicester anyway? Our squad was desperately short on numbers. Do you not understand that?

gagandeep said:

Awful typing again.

Malf said:
gagandeep said:

Awful typing again.

Is his name Arthur Itis?

Scowcroft said:
gagandeep said:

4 or 5 players would not have been enough, and what sort of quality could we attract to Leicester anyway? Our squad was desperately short on numbers. Do you not understand that?

True, but he has a point though when 8 players on Saturday were here last year. :roll: And we won :!: :roll:

Steven said:
Scowcroft said:
gagandeep said:

True, but he has a point though when 8 players on Saturday were here last year. :roll: And we won :!: :roll:

Yes, but apart from the first XI, who else would we have had in the squad? The fact is, our squad was so thin in the summer, something had to be done about it. Although Micky's approach of quantity over quality didn't work, my point is, what sort of quality could we have atracted to Leicester?

Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
Scowcroft said:
gagandeep said:

Yes, but apart from the first XI, who else would we have had in the squad? The fact is, our squad was so thin in the summer, something had to be done about it. Although Micky's approach of quantity over quality didn't work, my point is, what sort of quality could we have atracted to Leicester?

We didn't miss out my much though - it's not like we have had such a bad season - we were still in it a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363