The prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Good start by Man City today, and will be interesting to see how they go in the coming weeks.
Great result for Wigan at Villa. Fans were booing Martin and his team, and with losing Barry and Laursen it could be damaging for them.
Arse are currently winning 5-0 at Goodison !!!
Defeats for Hull, Pompey, Wolves and Burnley, indicates a long struggle for these clubs.

Great result for Wigan at Villa. Fans were booing Martin and his team, and with losing Barry and Laursen it could be damaging for them.

Had the misfortune of attending this today - Wigan fully deserved the win and could have scored more but for a couple of decent saves from Friedel.
Villa fans very vocal in their displeasure....think you're right about Barry & Laursen - going on this display, they've no chance of bettering last seasons efforts. That Gomez at Wigan looked pretty good...played in a position that Villa - & O'Neill - couldn't counter.

Was Heskey playing? I went to Malaga v Aston Villa in Spain a few weeks ago, hoping to see Heskey play. Was pleased when he was in the startig eleven - and after 2 minutes he went out on a stretcher with a head injury...

Villa didn't impress me then either.

**** the Premiership and Ipswich Town. Went to see Burton's home debut in the FL. 7 goals and it only cost me £13.

Surprised that there was only 2000 odd in attendance. First football league home game for many years, and thats all they got:102:
Not certain, but i think the stadium holds around 6000.
If so, then thats a disappointing turnout.

Surprised that there was only 2000 odd in attendance. First football league home game for many years, and thats all they got:102:

:102:

When was their previous one?

first time in the league. nice ground. went there to see hinkley lose in the play-off to farsley a couple

Glad to see Liverpool off to a losing start.

Glad to see Liverpool off to a losing start.

Old Beni could be under real pressure soon, especially if Citeh threaten the top 4.
I wonder how long the Liverpool fans patience will hold, if they go backwards in the lge after last seasons efforts.

There was defo more than the crowd announced. Intact a couple of regulars mentioned it and tbh 7000 seems an unrealistic capacity. Morecambe probably brought no more than 200. Burton's problem is locals for years have accepted their live as a decent non league side and often had a second league club they follow.

I think a Boca Juniors side managed by Valeriy Lobanovskyi will just pip Rinus Michels' Big Money ****face United to the title.

tbh, i just find it awful that a lot of fans' highest ambitions are to finish 7th rather than 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670