The presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered how long it'd be before someone fecking moaned...

A silly comment to say the least! When can we win something without feeling embarrassed? The premiership? But then that's no good if you can't win the Champions League is it?

Seeing as Man U are world champions I don't see the point in them celebrating anything other than being champions of the solar system, which seems unlikely as olympus mons f.c are looking pretty tasty this season......

I wondered how long it'd be before someone fecking moaned...

I can 'moan' about plenty from last night......the Ken Bates lookalike steward snatching flags off young kids and stripping the sticks out of them with a look of glee on his face,(he wasn't even politely telling folk why either) he had two very young girls in absolute tears, and when asked why he was taking them off folk going up to L1 when people along the concourse were not being stopped, he said 'It's different rules for L1, you're not allowed flags in here'.
He was soon told by that Barclay bloke to 'allow' the flags as a lot of folk complained about his attitude.....miserable fecking Jobsworth.

Then at the end:icon_roll Now I know folk want to celebrate and that, but idiots from up the back of L1 were making their way down towards the front of the block with 10 mins to go, it was obvious they were going to try to get onto the pitch, despite the club asking for fans not to. And so they did try it, barging by folk who were rightfully in that part of the stand, knocking over kids and old folk on the ends of the rows in their attempts to get arrested.
So cheers to you idiots, where everyone else could get pretty good photos as the lads walked round the pitch, those of us in L1 taking photos had police officers in all of them half the time blocking any decent shots we could've taken. And getting arsey with the stewards which meant we were pretty much told to get out of the ground whilst the players were STILL soaking up the atmosphere and folk in other areas of the ground were able to stay and watch.

The only negative things about the night for me. Shame as it was a night for fans to be able to celebrate.

It pisses me off, cos I love where I sit, but because of tossers the majority of us on L1 get treated like shit( because it's different rules for us:icon_roll)

Still I did me best, got some pics which I can use for my scrapbook, but not as many as I might've got:icon_sad: So I'm on the lookout for pics from throughout the season so I can get started on it, I've already 'borrowed' some from the OS for the Leeds goal:icon_lol: and I'm using that pic of Gradel

Last edited:
when asked why he was taking them off folk going up to L1 when people along the concourse were not being stopped, he said 'It's different rules for L1, you're not allowed flags in here'.

One of the head honchos patrolling the Kop didn't take the sticks but he was going round telling people who had flags not to wave them - reckoned he'd been told by the 'control room' to do so.

Needless to say it didn't work!

Whilst we are on the subject of moaning, why the hell could I and loads of other people not manage to buy a programme at about 7.15ish because they had all sold out?

There was one programme seller with some left outside the West stand at 7:30, but there was a huge queue.

You'd think the club would know people who don't normally buy one would want one for this match.

There was one programme seller with some left outside the West stand at 7:30, but there was a huge queue.

You'd think the club would know people who don't normally buy one would want one for this match.

I THINK the rule of thumb when doing a huge printing job like that is you normally do a ratio of 1:3. (not 100% sure on that but when we do a conference/exhibition job that pretty much how we work it out)I would think for this match they would've upped that to 1:2 but obviously it still wasn't enough.

I don't buy programmes anymore but as we got there quite early last night I decided to get one(for the photos)

I guess they might well get some more printed as whoever they get theirs done by should still have the artwork and plates to run off if they so wanted to.

There i was ready with my camera,waiting for oakley on the platform, to turn round and face the other 3 sides of the ground with the cup,and hey bingo nothing.

Dont we matter,really annoyed, its like they said thanx to the main stand,and go to hell the rest.

I cant believe he didnt come and sit next to you and have a picture taken. Jesus........

Have a word with yourself.

I don't understand, wouldn't not winning division 3 be more embarrassing?

A bizarre attitude.

He never said it was the most embarrassing scenario.

Well I saw someone selling them at about 7.15 with a ridiculous sized queue, so walked round the entire stadium seeing as I had time, expecting to see some more. When I got back round to where I started, the one programme seller had packed up because she had sold out!

I cant believe he didnt come and sit next to you and have a picture taken. Jesus........

Have a word with yourself.

Hang on a minute i have followed this club for 30 years through thick and thin,now you may say have a word with yourself.

But the fact is a trophy presented comes few and far between....might never see it again in my life...so to just fob it off as one of those things,makes you look stupid.

I was sitting in J block and the fans around me were genuienely felt let down

Not asking for the world...but the least they could have done was lift the cup for us to see.

Hang on a minute i have followed this club for 30 years through thick and thin,now you may say have a word with yourself.

But the fact is a trophy presented comes few and far between....might never see it again in my life...so to just fob it off as one of those things,makes you look stupid.

I was sitting in J block and the fans around me were genuienely felt let down

Not asking for the world...but the least they could have done was lift the cup for us to see.

Trouble is, wherever they presented the cup there would always be someone who is pissed off that it wasnt presented in front of their stand.

I felt let down by the fireworks. The Beijing opening ceremony was much better. Having said that, Beijing was before the credit crunch. Perhaps Milan's feeling the pinch. If he got tied in to a fixed rate he might be having to count the pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566