The problem this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottm Fox

For what its worth here is my take on the main problem at the city...

I don't like the players in our team, the manager, the coaching staff or the board.

I sat there on saturday and monday and went through the team and couldn't find anyone that makes me get out of my seat and get excited.

I am ambivalent about Pressman, Makin, Heath, Wilcox, Connolly, Dublin, Williams, Blake, Wright and Gillespie.

I actually don't like Dabizas or Stewart

The only ones i enjoy watching are Scowcroft, Tiatto, Elliott, Gudjonsen and Benjamin.

If that is my choice of players to hero worship and get all fanatical about then we are struggling. I am 28 so not some young kid looking for a hero, but for me part of football is having your favourite players that you love to watch. It speaks volumes when the most entertaining player this year has been Benjamin who used to be seen as a joke.

I know we've been spoilt in the past and i agree with the posts regarding people harping back to the old days, but even in recent years, players like Muzzy, Dickov, Claridge, Heskey, Collymore (briefly), Savage, Taggart and Cottee were players that used to get me buzzing and i would look forward to seeing them in a city shirt.

Without the players to get behind and hero worship there is little appeal for fans to come down and support.

All i am supporting at the moment is the team i love, not the players because i don't really like them.

You missed out Lennon!

i liked him too!

the point remains though, who is the fans favourite now. No-one bows down to williams or stewart when they come across for corners because there just not that good!

Nottm Fox said:
i liked him too!

the point remains though, who is the fans favourite now. No-one bows down to williams or stewart when they come across for corners because there just not that good!

I think we are still getting over the hangover from Peter Taylor and all that shit. We had one glory year with Micky but this was a gift from god to make us suffering leicester fans feel better for a bit.

We need to get into the play-offs this season just so that we can have a day out but apart from that I cannot see much else.

i agree with you. the championship isn't a great league and its not like we are getting thrashed out of sight.

The play offs can be achieved and would be a great day out so i don't think the season is over by any means.

i just wish we had a some exciting players to make the games more interesting!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I'm slightly cynical about 'success' being the yardstick by which, as a fan, you measure your enjoyment. To me watching Leicester (other than the buzz when you're actually at the game) is often about building up the stock of memories of the players who've pulled on the shirt: the last minute winners, the overhead kicks, the savage tackles dumping the oppositions best player over the hoardings. While we all get excited when new players are signed they need to have 'done it on the pitch' a few times before they really become players we watch rather than bodies we position in our personal Championship Manager.

Perhaps from a fan's point of view this is the biggest problem with Micky's transfer policy of the last couple of years. So few of those you've named have been with the club any length of time. Without any length of service we've got no shared history with the players on the pitch - they're just a bunch of unknowns pulling on the shirt. Perhaps, given time, this will change, maybe a good run and a bit of play-off drama will throw up our new Claridge. Maybe one of the skillful youth teamers Pet Rescue used to bang on about will get a shot at the first team and grab it with both hands (though the current crop are hardly setting the world alight). Anyway, a pinch of stability and a dash of success and I'm sure we'll find somebody new to worship.

i hope so.

maybe with the money saved from keown off the wage bill someone with some flair, or agression will be brought in, but i am sure that one of the reasons the walkers is so quiet on matchdays is that we don't have an idol to get behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566