The Racism and Penguins diversion; from the 'Who will the new manager be' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who Will The New Manager Be (Pt.1)

No doubt the team will have a more traditional feel about it if he's in charge.

A little naughty. Despite his vocal racism, his Cambridge and West Brom teams were progressive in their day for the number of black players fielded.

A little naughty. Despite his vocal racism, his Cambridge and West Brom teams were progressive in their day for the number of black players fielded.
It was tongue in cheek.

TBF to him though, his comments were hardly the most racist of comments. He's been unfairly treated IMO.

It was tongue in cheek.

TBF to him though, his comments were hardly the most racist of comments. He's been unfairly treated IMO.

Mmm. I don't know how your scale but you've got to go someplace pretty nasty to get much more racist, to be honest.

But his actions, as a manager, generally weren't in keeping with what he said. Which is why, I suspect, he largely got a shocked but non-judgmental response from his former players.

Mmm. I don't know how your scale but you've got to go someplace pretty nasty to get much more racist, to be honest
Really :102:

You think somebody saying "Lazy nigger"is the height of racism? Or am I missing something else that happened?

Mmm. I don't know how your scale but you've got to go someplace pretty nasty to get much more racist, to be honest.

you must have lived a pretty sheltered life Dour to think that. You want to hear me when I get going

Really :102:

You think somebody saying "Lazy nigger"is the height of racism? Or am I missing something else that happened?

If Ron Atkinson was a gangster rapper, called Ron Fatboy Ron, he would get to number one with lyrics like that. Funny world we live in.

If Ron Atkinson was a gangster rapper, called Ron Fatboy Ron, he would get to number one with lyrics like that. Funny world we live in.

It's "irony" when black people use the word - they're actualluy liberating it as well in their view...

Also they spell it with an "a"

The above make it acceptable to them... :icon_roll

It's "irony" when black people use the word - they're actualluy liberating it as well in their view...

Also they spell it with an "a"

The above make it acceptable to them... :icon_roll

Silly Koons.

I liberate it with the k. The irony.

I used to be black. Ron A's comments were tame compared to some...........

I'm not racist, racism is a crime, and crime is for black people.

I used to be black. Ron A's comments were tame compared to some...........

In a similar way Fred West was a nice bloke when compared to Hitler.

Just because someone's rascist views aren't as severe as others doesn't make them ok.

It was tongue in cheek.

Behave yourself how much more racist can you get than calling someone a 'lazy black Nigger':102:

Behave yourself how much more racist can you get than calling someone a 'lazy black Nigger':102:
Segregation, physical violence, threatening behaviour etc :102:

IMO, calling somebody a name because of their appearance is hardly the world's worst crime. We've all been subject to it.

Most of us at some point have said comments that could be classed as similar. Would we treat a black person any different to a white person? No, of course not.

Like all crimes, racism has varying degrees, and what Big Ron said, cannot be put on a par with what happened in South Africa or the American Deep South all them years ago.

Last edited:

Segregation, physical violence, threatening behaviour etc :102:

IMO, calling somebody a name because of their appearance is hardly the world's worst crime. We've all been subject to it.

Most of us at some point have said comments that could be classed as similar. Would we treat a black person any different to a white person? No, of course not.

Like all crimes, racism has varying degrees, and what Big Ron said, cannot be put on a par with what happened in South Africa or the American Deep South all them years ago.
Good post :038:

He's a nasty Racist end of.Theres calling people it but not on National TV.Really don't understand this 'Defend the Racist' culture that goes on here lately

Last edited:

He's a nasty Racist end of
Really?

Why is it "end of"?

Are you the All Seeing Eye, The Judge and the Jury? The Oracle?

Of course it's not bloody "end of".

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47