The RIP Thread

Willie Carlin - an important member of our 1971 promotion team. RIP

Very sad
One of his earlier films gave me the creeps
Don’t Look Now
Liked him as the arsonist in backdraft
And A Time to kill , is a bloody good film if you haven’t seen it

Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months.

Half decent & all that I suppose. But I can't help but always think of his Parkinson appearance along with his mate Elliot Gould.
Both clearly off their tits & both even more clearly of the opinion that they were far too big & important to be bothering with this shit. The epitome of big headed arrogant yanks.

Of course within a few years they were distinctly 2nd division so maybe some humility might have been forthcoming, who knows ?

Still, RIP & all that. 88 is a good old go at it.

In the late 70's I was talking to a girl I knew behind the counter of the local Boots. I sensed someone behind me as she looked over my shoulder. I heard someone ask "Have you anything for a cold?" I looked round and it was Donald Sutherland. I apologized for being in his way, he said it was OK, he paid thanked us both and left. Seemed like a decent bloke. GUAW he was Canadian.

Canadian.
Only when he was sober. Under the influence he was American.

That's basically the difference. When sober, Canadians are generally polite & unassuming. Add drink or drugs, all that disappears & they turn into Americans.

Alcohol & drugs removes the extra 200 years of Europeanness they've had that keeps them civilised.

More than 50 years ago my sister got to know him quite well on the set of the film 'Kelly's Heroes', in Yugoslavia, where her husband was on the production team. Reckoned he was a really nice guy.

Only when he was sober. Under the influence he was American.

That's basically the difference. When sober, Canadians are generally polite & unassuming. Add drink or drugs, all that disappears & they turn into Americans.

Alcohol & drugs removes the extra 200 years of Europeanness they've had that keeps them civilised.
I assume you're pulling my chain.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00