The run in

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is at the moment we are too reliant on other teams slipping up rather than the performances of our team. Simple fact is we have been on a poor run and we need to address that immediately, if we can put together a decent run of results over the next 5 games then not only will we be promoted but most likely as Champions.

We have to concentrate on what we can effect, which is our own performances and results. It is in our hands and Pearson needs to pull the club together for one last push towards promotion.

comes to something when you are reduced to cheering on the likes of leyton orient and yeovil.i agree with pfka we need to pull our own fingers out and stop hoping x can beat y

Agreed,and with teams slipping up it is up to us to take this and push forward ourself.

We shouldn't be worrying about going to Hereford either. Three months ago this would have been a dead cert win for us and we need to approach this game with the same confidence. We can destroy these.

We shouldn't be worrying about going to Hereford either. Three months ago this would have been a dead cert win for us and we need to approach this game with the same confidence. We can destroy these.

Could have said the same about Carlisle, or Colchester or Swindon etc. etc.

And three months ago we absolutely gubbed Peterborough

Fact is we are reduced to relying on the likes of Leeds, MKDons and Millwall to feck it up in order to be promoted. It is simply the way of things

Frankly I couldn't give a toss how we do it as long as we get out of this godforsaken shiteheap of a league

Could have said the same about Carlisle, or Colchester or Swindon etc. etc.

And three months ago we absolutely gubbed Peterborough

Fact is we are reduced to relying on the likes of Leeds, MKDons and Millwall to feck it up in order to be promoted. It is simply the way of things

Frankly I couldn't give a toss how we do it as long as we get out of this godforsaken shiteheap of a league

We're not relying on others at all the fact is is that we have more points than them so if we win it doesn't matter what anybody else does.

I'm not denying we've had a bad run but we should still be looking at these teams as comfortable victories and, personally, I think this is the ideal game for us to get right back on track and see this season through.

At this moment in time I'd sooner be where we are.

We're not relying on others at all the fact is is that we have more points than them so if we win it doesn't matter what anybody else does.

I'm not denying we've had a bad run but we should still be looking at these teams as comfortable victories and, personally, I think this is the ideal game for us to get right back on track and see this season through.

At this moment in time I'd sooner be where we are.

just seems a lot of posts are about if leeds lose this and if millwall do the other then we will be ok,fact is we should have had promotion sown up by now and our current form is piss poor,i wouldn't be confident of us beating anybody,frtunately i think we have amassed enough points to get out the league and we will pick up a few points by the end of the season.
people said saturday was the ideal game and how poor carlisle are beforehnd

Last edited:
just seems a lot of posts are about if leeds lose this and if millwall do the other then we will be ok,fact is we should have had promotion sown up by now and our current form is piss poor,i wouldn't be confident of us beating anybody,frtunately i think we have amassed enough points to get out the league and we will pick up a few points by the end of the season.

But just as our unbeaten run came to an end, so will this poor run. I'm still unconcerned about any danger of us ****ing this up.

... and League One player of the season Matty Fryatt squanders yet more chances 3 yards out from the goal!

Around 20+ goals in the 5 months before Xmas, about 6 in the 4 months since. That is a disgrace.

If we have a stats geek with too much time on their hands, I would like to know how many points Fryatt has cost us, since he signed a new lucrative contract, where we have ended up with a draw or losing, because he missed one or more easy chances.

... and League One player of the season Matty Fryatt squanders yet more chances 3 yards out from the goal!

Around 20+ goals in the 5 months before Xmas, about 6 in the 4 months since. That is a disgrace.

If we have a stats geek with too much time on their hands, I would like to know how many points Fryatt has cost us, since he signed a new lucrative contract, where we have ended up with a draw or losing, because he missed one or more easy chances.

what on here ? oh i doubt that mike,don't get that type on here.......

Last edited:

Stats geeks would point you to the works of Kaoru Ishikawa. It is impossible to isolate the effect of the change in other variables, such as the introduction of Wayne ****ing useless Brown or the reintroduction of Patrick why why why Kisnorbo. They would therefore decline your task as a meaningless exercise.

Stats geeks would point you to the works of Kaoru Ishikawa. It is impossible to isolate the effect of the change in other variables, such as the introduction of Wayne ****ing useless Brown or the reintroduction of Patrick why why why Kisnorbo. They would therefore decline your task as a meaningless exercise.

Don't you Ishikawa me with a fishbone cause and effect diagram!

I am looking for a scapegoat here and Fryatt is the perfect choice.

Whilst we can pick on an occasional player and say "He did not mark that player" or whatever, to concede an occasional goal, I believe Fryatt is culpable of missing a significant number of easy chances that I believe have resulted in us having at least 6 points less than we should have.

If we had a goalie that conceded as many 'soft' goals as Fryatt has missed 'soft' goals, we would have been screaming at Pearson to 'Sort it out!'

we are due a good game after some poor turnouts.

so howabout an average win against hereford- and stonking run out and win against leeds- 89 points by next tuesday and the faint sound of trumpets might be heard

(then again 84 points next tuesday and the funeral derge might be heard)

The Hereford game is going to be incredibly important. Hopefully we'll get the result we need and that'll give us a boost going into some tough games after this weekend. Hereford have been in poor form themselves and there should be no excuse for not getting a win here..

Don't you Ishikawa me with a fishbone cause and effect diagram!

I am looking for a scapegoat here and Fryatt is the perfect choice.

Whilst we can pick on an occasional player and say "He did not mark that player" or whatever, to concede an occasional goal, I believe Fryatt is culpable of missing a significant number of easy chances that I believe have resulted in us having at least 6 points less than we should have.

If we had a goalie that conceded as many 'soft' goals as Fryatt has missed 'soft' goals, we would have been screaming at Pearson to 'Sort it out!'

How many points have we gained from him scoring this season? You really are pathetic. (Whoops forgot smiley thing and don't see how I can insert it now, was only jesting MTBT)

Last edited:
How many points have we gained from him scoring this season?

Not relevant. He is the front line striker with loads of chances/assists set up by Howard.

In the first 21 games he scored 19 goals. In the second 20 he has scored 5 goals and missed a load of 'easy' chances.

I cannot remember which games he missed the 'easy' ones in, but if he had scored one more goal in each of our drawn games since Xmas his second half tally would be 15 goals, still less than the 19 before Xmas, but we would now be on 103 points!

Even if he had only scored another goal in half of the drawn games we would be on 93 points.

My point is that it his role to score goals and since Xmas he hasn't, even though other team members have increased their goal tallies, and I do not believe that the other teams have 'sussed him out' in the second half of the season. I do not think in division 3 they have the resources for that level of pre-match planning and strategy.

Not relevant. He is the front line striker with loads of chances/assists set up by Howard.

In the first 21 games he scored 19 goals. In the second 20 he has scored 5 goals and missed a load of 'easy' chances.

I cannot remember which games he missed the 'easy' ones in, but if he had scored one more goal in each of our drawn games since Xmas his second half tally would be 15 goals, still less than the 19 before Xmas, but we would now be on 103 points!

Even if he had only scored another goal in half of the drawn games we would be on 93 points.

My point is that it his role to score goals and since Xmas he hasn't, even though other team members have increased their goal tallies, and I do not believe that the other teams have 'sussed him out' in the second half of the season. I do not think in division 3 they have the resources for that level of pre-match planning and strategy.

Is this a late April fools joke? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670