The Saturday Before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight exaggeration HF, but I'm happy to say nothing about it if people would just stop having a go at my faith. :icon_bigg

Well its pissing a lot of people off I know that much:102:

Last edited:
Well its pissing a lot of people off I know that much:102:

I know. I've known that for quite a while. I have tried not to say anything of a religious nature but folks keep having a shot at me. I'm getting pissed off too. You won't see folks getting villified on here for being gay, or black, or muslim, but for some strange reason folks can't seem to let the Christian thing go. I'd prefer not to have to respond to all the sly digs but it's not in my nature to back down from a fight. If the innuendos and jibes were to stop you'd find I wouldn't have to respond to them. :icon_wink

Why do you see it as a direct shot at you? People will always have opinions on religion that you may not agree with. Why cant you just ignore it?

I know what you mean HF, I enjoyed that you tube clip - it was my opinion - I am not saying that he's right or wrong, just that I enjoyed it.

I thought it was ok, not brilliant. But you're entitled to your opinion. As I am.

I know. I've known that for quite a while. I have tried not to say anything of a religious nature but folks keep having a shot at me. I'm getting pissed off too. You won't see folks getting villified on here for being gay, or black, or muslim, but for some strange reason folks can't seem to let the Christian thing go. I'd prefer not to have to respond to all the sly digs but it's not in my nature to back down from a fight. If the innuendos and jibes were to stop you'd find I wouldn't have to respond to them. :icon_wink

You gay black muslim, there happy now? :icon_bigg

Why do you see it as a direct shot at you? People will always have opinions on religion that you may not agree with. Why cant you just ignore it?

Can you ignore shots at you? :102:

I know what you mean HF, I enjoyed that you tube clip - it was my opinion - I am not saying that he's right or wrong, just that I enjoyed it.

I'm an Agnostic apparenty...I thought I was more a Couldnaegiveabolloxtic:102: I just find it all really boring

Last edited:
I've had my fair share on here and the majority of the time I ignore them, as its just not worth getting into the arguement.

Indeed and the more you rise to it and argue back etc the longer it goes on

(sigh) ... here we go again. The nativity scene does appear in the bible (early in Luke chapter 2, verse 6 onwards ... also in Matthew chapter 2 the birth is mentioned.

That isn't the 'nativity' story that kids act out every year, it isn't in the Bible in the form that the nativity story is told.

I don't have a problem with everyone enjoying Christmas, but I do have a problem with you saying that guy is factual.

Everything he said was factual, I'll ask again, specifically, which part of what he said do you disagree with?

I'd rather believe the Holy Spirit than him, much more trustworthy.

You can believe in whatever fairy tales you choose, that's your choice, but how have you assessed the 'Holy Spirit' to be more trustworthy than somebody who has merely spoken the truth & then wished everybody a happy Xmas?
I really would be fascinated to know your thought process. Or lack of.

foxin_oz said:
and all scripture is God-breathed.

I refuse to believe that any rational human being living in the 21st century could believe that, even devoted theologians don't believe that medieval nonsense anymore.

If all scripture is God-breathed then why does he contradict himself throughout and why does he make so many elementary mistakes, the typical kinds of mistakes that you would expect from somebody who lived in the desert a few thousand years ago without the benefit of the insight of modern science?

foxin_oz said:
Anyone that says he doesn't believe in God but believes in Satan is a little unhinged IMO. He's a nutter.

That's great......but he didn't say that :icon_conf

As in, turn the other cheek :icon_wink

I'm seriously bored by all this God bollocks.

It's the only thing that makes this place interesting, take away the couple of threads that he has been mentioned in and all you're left with is prediction league threads; threads full of people wishing strangers a happy Xmas and patronising bollocks from the Foxes Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48