The show goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
The changes were the biggest factor in our performace - the height removed from the team (McAuley, De Vries etc.) and Henderson's woeful performance made us look scarily weak at any sort of delivery into the box.

Aside from that, whilst we were outplayed, I don't think you can judge too much on 45 mins. As has been said, we did improve for the last 10 and Allen would have likely given them a bollocking at half time and got them going a bit.

Do we think the replay is likely to be some time around 11th / 12th September?

I'm not 100% sure but this mite be played next week ,I'm saying that due to the fact its a cup game and not a league game ,jeff mite know the rules on this :102:

Don't think there are any specific rules, usually the factor that determines things like this is the police. It was down to the police saying they needed more notice of games that FA cup replays stopped being played a few days after the first tie.

Don't think there are any specific rules, usually the factor that determines things like this is the police. It was down to the police saying they needed more notice of games that FA cup replays stopped being played a few days after the first tie.

can the police have a say of how many away fans attend games :102: woudnt be surprised if our allocation was reduced after reading this...

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6275262982007294045831

I said last night I knew the police would blame us. ****ing ****s.

Well from what i saw by the coaches I'm not surprised.. there was a group of lads, one of them on the phone.. he finished his call and shouted "come on lads, lets go have some fun" and they pushed their way through and ran off...

I don't imagine he'd just booked a lane at megabowl - do you?

can the police have a say of how many away fans attend games :102: woudnt be surprised if our allocation was reduced after reading this...

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6275262982007294045831

Of course YV.

I would not surprise me to see no away fans or no fans at all. Nottinghamshire Police were shown up at Notts County in a friendly earlier in the season - they have looked for a scapegoat on this occasion and a ban on away fans would avoid another situation.

The trip to Plymouth is going to be an emotional one.

Of course YV.

I would not surprise me to see no away fans or no fans at all. Nottinghamshire Police were shown up at Notts County in a friendly earlier in the season - they have looked for a scapegoat on this occasion and a ban on away fans would avoid another situation.

The trip to Plymouth is going to be an emotional one.

well i hope the game goes ahead because that would indicate that clarke was/is ok

Few things for me from last night. Why was Fulop dropped? Is it in his loan contract he cant play so he wont be cup tied?

Thought Clark looked a yard off it all half and at one point went completely missing for about 5 minutes but I think we now have an explanation for this.

Levi couldn’t have got past a 5-year old last night.

Why was I constantly being told to sit down but not one Forest fan at any point was told to sit down and when I pointed this out to a steward he simply said we may tell them to do it later on.

Why when both sets of fans were shouting across the corner of the stadium at the end did the police only come into the lcfc end and not the scum end?

Im seriously thinking about emailing Nottinghamshire police about the farce that was their presence last night. The did nothing about that guy on the pitch as well who appeared to me to come form the forst end. Only I think it would fall on deaf ears. We were getting pealted by coins and everything and not a single word was said to any forest fans.

Few things for me from last night. Why was Fulop dropped? Is it in his loan contract he cant play so he wont be cup tied?

Thought Clark looked a yard off it all half and at one point went completely missing for about 5 minutes but I think we now have an explanation for this.

Levi couldn’t have got past a 5-year old last night.

Why was I constantly being told to sit down but not one Forest fan at any point was told to sit down and when I pointed this out to a steward he simply said we may tell them to do it later on.

Why when both sets of fans were shouting across the corner of the stadium at the end did the police only come into the lcfc end and not the scum end?

Im seriously thinking about emailing Nottinghamshire police about the farce that was their presence last night. The did nothing about that guy on the pitch as well who appeared to me to come form the forst end. Only I think it would fall on deaf ears. We were getting pealted by coins and everything and not a single word was said to any forest fans.

Start with your MP. ;)

Well from what i saw by the coaches I'm not surprised.. there was a group of lads, one of them on the phone.. he finished his call and shouted "come on lads, lets go have some fun" and they pushed their way through and ran off...

I don't imagine he'd just booked a lane at megabowl - do you?

I'm not saying that at all. The Forest fans were just as bad as some of our lot, but we are getting the blame when they should be getting it just as much.

Over the years we have taken thousands of fans to various Midlands clubs, only for the team not to turn up. Why do we not play to potential in these games

The reason is so simple BB.

Local derbies are important to the fans. We scarcely have any local players so they are not so involved in the rivalry. There have been so many wholesale changes in the playing complement in recent years that no tradition of local rivalry has been handed down. My guess is that many of the current players wouldn't have even noticed that it was a local derby until they realised that it was only a short trip to Forest.

Also, whilst many of our supporters had worked themselves into a little frenzy about the game as evidenced by the turn out.....the relatively modest turn out of Forest supporters suggests that they were not so exercised.

At the end of the day the Carling Cup is a low prestige and low importance competition especially for sides like ours who could not realistically expect to reach the final these days..and the manager's selection on the night reflected that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I completely agree, especially with the highlighted part. Really pissed me off by the way they (the police) acted last night. Couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

reading sky it said some of the lads who played internationals would be rested so this might be why he didnt play. i doubt it would be about him being cup tied beacause if hes here for a season i dont think they can recall him so it wouldnt make a difference if he was cup tied or not.

The off-field events at half time, and beyond, were truly dreadful (couldn't sleep all night, actually, thinking about it) - and I wouldn't wish to detract from that in any way

But I just have to record the fact that the on-field performance in the first half was, in my opinion, one of the most dreadful that we have witnessed over the past three years. Shocking in every possible way

It is to be hoped that the poor on field display will not be swept under the carpet due to tragic events. Even the fact that, presumably, Clive Clarke wasn't well, does not excuse the other ten; indeed, it almost does the opposite - if a man suffering heart trouble is not noticably worse than the other ten!

I was nervous every time the ball went anywhere near Henderson and I think his piss poor display made the defence anxious. Why the hell he insists on trying to punch everything and missing the ball entirely on most occasions is beyond me...

The reason is so simple BB.

Local derbies are important to the fans. We scarcely have any local players so they are not so involved in the rivalry. There have been so many wholesale changes in the playing complement in recent years that no tradition of local rivalry has been handed down. My guess is that many of the current players wouldn't have even noticed that it was a local derby until they realised that it was only a short trip to Forest.

Also, whilst many of our supporters had worked themselves into a little frenzy about the game as evidenced by the turn out.....the relatively modest turn out of Forest supporters suggests that they were not so exercised.

At the end of the day the Carling Cup is a low prestige and low importance competition especially for sides like ours who could not realistically expect to reach the final these days..and the manager's selection on the night reflected that.

My point about not playing well over the years in away derbies, is aimed more at the fact that the standard of opposition is no better than us. The only two teams in the whole of the midlands that can confidently boast being better than us is Villa and Forest under Cloughie. Even if the fans get more excited about the derbies than the players, the level of our performances against similar standard opponents over the years have not been great, with the odd exception of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669