The Stadium and missing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahey

heard this talked about on radio after last game and wondered on what and why we aint gettin top gates no more. if we sold tickets 20 quid a game we would have full house i reckon and also what happened to cup games with not aloud to use ya season ticket vouchers? wondering y onl get 5 - 8k fans in?

innit - i int sure eee-ver, iz a shame really coz city r my fave and i luv em lotz. a ful houz iz loadz bettar than a 1/2 fild stadi-ummmmmmmmmmmmm speak English you fool!

if we sold tickets 20 quid a game we would have full house i reckon

No we wouldn't.

and also what happened to cup games with not aloud to use ya season ticket vouchers? wondering y onl get 5 - 8k fans in?

Cup games have been cheaper than the £20 you think would give us a full house. If they were included as part of the season ticket, season ticket prices would go up and they wouldn't sell as many. The away team gets a share of the gate receipts and has to agree to the price. If they knew we had a lot of people getting into the match on their season ticket they'd probably want the match to be full price to take advantage of the situation.

I've had a look at the 18 clubs in the Championship that were also in the division last season, and looked at the attendances, to see how we compare with others.

The vast majority have seen a reduction. Our average is down 10%, but that's far from the worst. Derby and Middlesbrough are down 17%, Birmingham 18%, Hull 24% and Palace 27%.

Only three clubs have seen an increase.

Brighton by 21%, but that's due to the opening of a new stand - they were sold out for most of last season.

Blackpool's attendances are up 7%.

Forest's are up by 1.5% - but their average is skewed by the fact that they've played Derby early in the season which gave them a crowd 8,000 higher than their average. Their overall trend is lower than last season.

The same thing is happening in other divisions.

The recession is obviously one of the factors in this. People can't afford football - and even if prices were reduced, football would still be less important than paying the mortgage, bills etc.

I'm sure another reason is a general disenchantment with the game. England's poor performance at Euro 2012 along with the behaviour of players like Terry, Cole etc will all have an effect.

This new facilty to ignore quotes as well as posts is the dogs.

This new facilty to ignore quotes as well as posts is the dogs.

Hope you still think so when we stuff your bunch a week on Saturday :icon_wink

Last edited:
heard this talked about on radio after last game and wondered on what and why we aint gettin top gates no more. if we sold tickets 20 quid a game we would have full house i reckon and also what happened to cup games with not aloud to use ya season ticket vouchers? wondering y onl get 5 - 8k fans in?

Did you completely miss out on your English lessons at school?

Hope you still think so when we stuff your bunch a week on Saturday :icon_wink
Your wins against Peterborough and Charlton in Oct/Sept have certainly sent a resounding message to the rest of the league.

Your wins against Peterborough and Charlton in Oct/Sept have certainly sent a resounding message to the rest of the league.
Wow - do I detect sarcasm :018:

Hope you're still feeling perky then matey :023:

Last year instead of buying a ST I bought a 10 game membership which worked out around £20 per game. This year they're not available meaning if I want to go I have to pay full price. They can go and **** themselves.

Last year instead of buying a ST I bought a 10 game membership which worked out around £20 per game. This year they're not available meaning if I want to go I have to pay full price. They can go and **** themselves.

I don't think any memberships are available yet. You can be sure that the club is as anxious as anybody else about the reduction in numbers going through the turnstiles. I'm sure when this year's membership schemes are finally announced there will be something similar to that 10-game package.

I can clearly recognise your feeling though. Mine is similar over the sudden rise in age-criteria for the Seniors ticket from 60 to 65. In four years I've gone from attending every game home and away to only having seen one of the first ten league games (and that away from home). They really need to do something drastic if they want to fill those empty seats; simply winning all the time and being in one of the automatic promotion places clearly is not enough on its own.

I don't think any memberships are available yet. You can be sure that the club is as anxious as anybody else about the reduction in numbers going through the turnstiles. I'm sure when this year's membership schemes are finally announced there will be something similar to that 10-game package.

I can clearly recognise your feeling though. Mine is similar over the sudden rise in age-criteria for the Seniors ticket from 60 to 65. In four years I've gone from attending every game home and away to only having seen one of the first ten league games (and that away from home). They really need to do something drastic if they want to fill those empty seats; simply winning all the time and being in one of the automatic promotion places clearly is not enough on its own.

I don't agree. If we show we can stay there I can see a lot of fans coming back. They're that fickle unfortunately.

I don't agree. If we show we can stay there I can see a lot of fans coming back. They're that fickle unfortunately.

Yep, terribly fickle all those people who have given up going after 30-odd years. We don't need those shitters, let's get some young blood in to wave their shoes about.

Its all about the money. 35 snorkleburgers to watch a championship side? If i didnt have an ST i wouldnt attend nowhere near as much.

Yep, terribly fickle all those people who have given up going after 30-odd years. We don't need those shitters, let's get some young blood in to wave their shoes about.

Im not trying to belittle those that have decided its beyond them financially. After all they still can't afford to come back if we are winning. Nor am I saying people haven't been loyal previously. It is however quite interesting to see how a good run draws people back, I've seen it myself already.

You really find that interesting as it's fairly bleeding obvious as to why it happens?

Im not trying to belittle those that have decided its beyond them financially. After all they still can't afford to come back if we are winning. Nor am I saying people haven't been loyal previously. It is however quite interesting to see how a good run draws people back, I've seen it myself already.

It's no surprise really though is it, Duzza?

I don't agree.

The facts speak for themselves. We're doing quite a bit better than we were at this time last season yet gates are down 10%. There is more than fickleness at work here.

I also think in comparison, our OAP price is disproportionately wrong. The price is only a few pounds less than the regular ticket price. Having looked at several other championship clubs OAP's prices, the majority are half the regular price.

This won't solve the problem we have at the minute, but thought I'd put my two pennies worth in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669